Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    SOLD

WTS/T Taurus PT 92 AF 9MM.
    Has four mags and 2 holsters. Good shape but some discoloration on the right side of the slide.
    Nice gun though.

$350.00 or trades considered
    FTF west side of Indy. I am in Avon

DSCN1764.jpg

DSCN1765.jpg

DSCN1767.jpg

Last edited:

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Who made those mags? They look like they're cut for a Beretta 92, not for a Taurus 92...

The Taurus's mag catch slot is short and wide; the Beretta's is long and skinny (as shown.)

The Beretta's can be easily modified to fit the Taurus - is this what you did?

I take it this one has a decocker.

Are the sights plastic or metal?

How many rounds through it? Has the locking block been changed out?

Thanks,

Josh <><

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Josh,

I do not believe it has a decoker and the pistol has metal sights.
    As far as the mags go I would say yes these are Baretta mags I can see where they have been filed

I took it in on a trade and have only shot it a couple of times. I don't know round count since I got it used.

The locking Block? Don't know

this is the only one of these pistol I have owned so I don't know much about them.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    If you cock the hammer and press down on the safety, past where it rests at "off safe," and the hammer falls, the pistol has a decocker. The grip panels are relieved for one, but the gun looks like an earlier model, so I figured I'd ask.

The locking block should be replaced every 5,000 rounds, or, preferably, with a Beretta locking block (improved, lasts tens of thousands of rounds).

I'm not interested solely due to the fact that I ride the safety when I shoot, and the decocker would prevent this. My personal Taurus 92 was made before they incorporated the decocker, and so it's possible with mine.

I have one Mec-Gar mag made for the Taurus, aftermarket, and one Beretta mag that I filed. The filed mag works just fine. (The original mag was not drop free - that's how old this thing is - and the feed lips spread anyway. I gave it to a friend who bought a Taurus 92 with the stipulation that he only use it on the range.)

My Taurus was my personal carry weapon for over 10 years. I then got involved with the 1911 pistol.

So, helping you out a bit, this is what you're selling:

Taurus PT92AFD (decocker), original wood grips

Quality Kydex holster, inexpensive one-size-fits-most nylon holster

Four magazines for the Beretta 92 which have been modified (nothing wrong with that) to fit the Taurus. They look to be phosphated and made for the military (contract overrun?)

A couple things I notice on the pistol: First, the finish. It's that lustrous blue that is no longer made. The new ones have a flat black finish.

Second, the sights, being metal, are durable. The new sights are plastic, and shoot loose.

No more lanyard attachments on the new ones.

Most new ones come with plastic grips. I recently sold an original wooden set on Gunbroker for a pretty high sum.

The mag release is reversible for lefties, should they want to use their thumbs.

All in all, you have a gun that is not made in that configuration any longer, along with what appear to be quality magazines. (Since I've not inspected them up close, I cannot say for sure, but the only reason the military went with another type is to get the sand grooves).

Personally, I'd hang on to it in anticipation of the next AWB. I'm sure one's coming, just a matter of time. The mags are worth maybe $15 apiece right now; during the last AWB, I purchased one 15 round mag for $30, then later, another for $50.

If you wait, the whole package will be worth quite a bit more, maybe in the $500 to $600 range.

Just my take. FWIW.

Josh <><

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Folks, this is a bargain if he's still selling now... real good gun!

Last edited by a moderator:

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Nope my bad I edited it it does have a decocker.
    Thanks for the Info Josh

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom