• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    The article, (what I could read of it) doesn't say if they are pre 1984 M 18's.
    If not, the only eligible buyers are another Govt. agency, or a Class III Dealer.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    aren't G18's 9mm lugar/parrabellum? So that would mean the greenwood police don't own a single 9mm weapon. I can't believe that.

If I am right I will make them an offer for the ammo.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Ammo should be easy enough to sell.

In any case, +1 to the Chief for not wanting cops running around with machine pistols.

They need to fire whoever ordered them. How can they not know? Who put their name on the paperwork? What a cluster.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    They should be able to trade the ammo out with a distributor (Kiesler's) if it's still unopened.

As far as the pistols are concerned, there isn't a big market for them. They may have a difficult time finding another agency who wants them.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Tell the police that they can sell them if they get enough lawyers together to convince the federal government and the out of control ATF that the right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!! At that point they would be able to sell them to honest people in this land of the formerly free, home of the some of us brave.

Doty

At peace
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Central Indiana
    There are some big holes in their police department if anyone can spend tax dollars and buy pistols without anyone knowing who did it.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    obviously nobody in that department is a firearms enthusiest. I could have those sold and shipped by the end of the week, there are plenty of folks with permission slips that are intrested

Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    obviously nobody in that department is a firearms enthusiest. I could have those sold and shipped by the end of the week, there are plenty of folks with permission slips that are intrested

This is my thought as well. I would expect the demand to be much greater than the supply on G18's.

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County

Anybody have a WISH TV account to tell this guy that commented on their article, that he is incorrect due to the G18's being built after '86?

TheFreedomRinger
    If they don't want them, I'd be happy to take them off their hands. I'm sure there are many local gun dealers that would give them a fair price for them. Contrary to what the article states, any citizen can own these weapons with the proper tax stamps.

Top Bottom