• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunsmith79

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    I am looking for a GLOCK G17 or G19 gen 3 preferably. I am a smithing apprentice looking for a LEGAL transfer through 4473.... I AM NOT looking for someone's PRIDE and JOY or NEW GUN just a COST EFFECTIVE means to adding to my knowledge of hand guns... honestly, the rougher the gun the better.... ANYONE have any suggestions? NOT A WANT ADD JUST LOOKING FOR HELP OF WHERE TO GO... PLEASE DONT DELETE.

Last edited:

Gunsmith79

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Maybe i should be more clear here.... I AM NOT ADVERTISING A GUN OR TO BUY A GUN.... What i need is HELP or INFORMATION maybe a point in the right direction and a SWIFT KICK to get me going there.... I read the FAQ and DID NOT find any suggestions that would point me in the right direction. So far gun shops and dealers have all told me the same thing. IF THEY CANNOT EASILY FLIP IT THEY DO NOT BUY/TRADE IT.... AND GOOD LUCK. In fact one shop recomended this forum because they were sure i could find help here. I guess im not asking the question right....

Gunsmith79

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Find a police trade in somewhere?

I know a LGS here buys a few on those every few weeks. Gen 2 and Gen 3

Thank you, so far all i have found are non issue guns. Used but never put in service. Aka the department over purchased again. And gun broker by the time shipping is added i might as well buy gently used at my local shop...

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    From my experience and looking around over the years it seems to me there is very little difference in price between used Glock 17,19's wether gently used or rough. The only Glocks I have seen somewhat cheaper is the older 1st and 2nd Gen however that is also half and half on a cheaper price some are still not much less than 3rd Gen Glocks.

If your not LE or Military spend 25.00 or so for GSSF and you can buy a new Glock for 400.00 Used go around 350.00 at the low endmore in the 400-450.00 range (Unless you find a going out of marrage sale then everything is cheap)

Good luck

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    You are probably going to spend $425 for one and I would suggest ITP or PSS if you are in the Indy area.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Gunsmith79

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Thanks for all the info... guess im going to bite the proverbial bullet and end up with a G22. Thats the only LE trades i have found... As far as the get out of marriage sale, they always seem to come to my attention after I have paid full price for the same thing...

Top Bottom