• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Okay, tried this once before and managed to pick up a few, so I want to try it one more time. I just can't seem to get enough of these to fill my shelf bracket.

Looking for .22LR plastic ammo boxes with the sliding top that hold 100 rounds. The old CCI ammo boxes, green tag, etc. Prefer orange but will certainly not deny clear. Prefer empty without the ammo in them, but who doesn't need extra ammo, right?

Let me know if you have any you are willing to part with, and how much! The last guy even got a milkshake out of it too!:cheers:
    Thank you!!

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    I appreciate that!! I will be happy to compensate you for them, your time is certainly worth something. Let me know when you are ready and we will work something out!

Thank you!!!

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    just curious what are you doing with these?

:rockwoot:**********This post is hereby nominated for the Dumbest Question Ever Award**********:rockwoot:

What do you thonk he is doing with them??????

I think you have been staring at the Cheerleader Sniper too long.
    Wankin.gif
    You know that causes blindness right???:laugh:

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I have to side with Indy here...my cardboard box works just fine :) but, if sam wants them he can have them...ahhh the beauty of capitalism...for now

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Ok, ok....so here is the deal. Yes, I am usually putting bulk ammo in them. Does the cardboard box the ammo comes in work fine...sure does. But...the plastic slide boxes are nice and neat, they stack well, and you can slide the top back and dump exactly 10 rounds in your hand each time (or any increment of 5 for that matter.) They also fit into my range bag really well, and I usually will only take 2 or 3 of these ammo boxes rather than all 500 rounds or so that come in the bulk packs. Additionally, the top tray is removable, and you can store all kinds of little parts and pieces in them such as springs, etc. They are just very handy, IMHO.

There is also a nostalgia thing for me, as I grew up with these and can vividly remember shooting 22LR with my father when I was about 7 or 8 yrs old toting these orange boxes around to plink. Throughout the years I discarded them (stupid), broke them, etc....and now I only have a few left. I have a bracketed shelf that will fit approximately 36 of these or so, and I would like to fill that up. I have about 15-20 right now.

Hope that helps answer the questions!

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Sure does! wasn't trying to be rude just interested since I haven't seen a post like this. Have you checked garage sales? I sometimes run into old boxes like these but never buy them...I just don't shoot my .22 that often.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    I didn't take it as rude at all, no worries. Don't know if you don't ask!

At this point I have tried garage sales (whenever possible), ebay, gunbroker, and of course INGO. The first time around on INGO, a member was able to pull 8 or 10 together for me. I was hoping since we continue to grow members like crazy that I might find one or two more that I can grab 8-10 more off of, and be done!

Thanks!

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom