• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IBTL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Lafayette
    In your letter you call any one who carries a gun for self defense a vigilant and someone who would do more harm than good.
    sent this versions in with scutters edits last night... but it didnt make todays paper. as others have said its a super liberal pap

vigilante=someone who illegally punishes someone

vigilant=an attribute of someone who constantly maintains awareness with his or her surrounding

If you send it in again, make sure to fix it! he's calling us vigilantes, which is completely stupid, left-wing tactic!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If you sent it in last night, it's unlikely to be in today's paper. Generally, it'll take a couple of days to get a LTE printed.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Yeah, I definitely wouldn't expect it into today's paper. They have a cut off for anything to go into the paper at like 3pm-ish (obviously excluding things like night game coverage). Hopefully tomorrow... I'll be looking out for it.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    thanks for that link.... and i guess didnt make the cut o well i tried. some thing interesting is that in a few of these other letters are people with guns or support the right to carry every where except on campus???

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yeah, except they keep calling it a "conceal carry permit". It's counter-productive. If pro-gun people can't get their facts straight, how can they be expected to be taken seriously when they're trying to argue what they claim are "facts"? Don't even get me started on the whole "Class C Felony" and "illegal to carry in a place that serves alcohol" parts. I mean, if you're just going to make things up, then why bother writing?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I loved the letter questioning the due diligence of Mr. Frost's letter, then goes on to talk about "if Indiana changed their laws on the CCW permits"... Uh, that tells me YOU didn't do your own due diligence.

Calgon, take me away!!!!!!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I loved the letter questioning the due diligence of Mr. Frost's letter, then goes on to talk about "if Indiana changed their laws on the CCW permits"... Uh, that tells me YOU didn't do your own due diligence.

Calgon, take me away!!!!!!

EXACTLY. All it takes is for one anti to point to that and say "Hey, this fact is completely wrong." That calls the entire argument into question.

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    Wow...some really ignorant statements in there...

My favorite is the school shooting scenario...so since the guy would not be afraid of students having guns since he is going to kill himself, let him walk around killing as many people as possible since eventually he will decide to off himself.

mms- Are you sure your article didn't make the cut? Could they be saving it for tomorrow? :dunno:

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    You are probably right, they would disregard a pro-gun letter that is sensible and intelligent...lets hope they make an exception.

Let me also add to that letter that sucks about the active-shooter situation on campus, I quote : "As for deterrence, it doesn’t apply in a collegiate active-shooter scenario. Ask yourself, how many college shooters have been apprehended..."
    LE policy on active shooter cases is not to "apprehend", it is to stop the threat, deterrence is not an option, and without armed students you will be up the creek without a paddle.

So much ignorance in those letters...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom