• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I've got an e-mail in to confirm how my State Farm uninsured driver coverage works. Anyone else have poor experiences with State Farm?

Don't get me wrong, other than not being able to ever speak to my actual agent, his office getting my license suspended, their insistence I pay my deductible for an accident in which I was not at fault, and the high price of their coverage, they're great.;)

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Don't get me wrong, other than not being able to ever speak to my actual agent, his office getting my license suspended, their insistence I pay my deductible for an accident in which I was not at fault, and the high price of their coverage, they're great.;)

Keep in mind, that all of our wonderful state agency's are run by a complete bunch of bumbling knuckleheads. Have been for years.
    May of not been your agents fault.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    A few years ago I was with State farm. My now wife was living with me, but never drove my car. It was a stick. She was in an accident. State farm raised my rates cause she was in an accident and never drove my car. They also sent her a bumper sticker saying "Be careful of my driving, I'm not sure about my insurance" They also sent her ads almost daily in the mail. Eventually she called to chew them out. They hung up on her saying I had to be the one to talk to them. So I called. I was sitting right beside her the whole time. I cancelled right then. Bill Collins State Farm is a real group of winners.

Jason

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    These stories, wow.

My nephew borrowed by pick-up. He got T-boned at an intersection in a new development under construction. Totaled the truck. I called USAA, they took care of it. No rate increase, no hassle, had a check for the truck in less than a month I think. The other guy admitted running a stop sign, but I don't think it made much difference in way USAA handled my part. Only thing I had to do was go to the wrecking yard to grab my personal stuff out of the truck.

Had USAA since I was a AFROTC cadet 30+ years ago. My dad's insurance agent at the time told me not mess around, go with USAA. I read about these other companies, and stay very happy. If you have any military service, go check with them.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Keep in mind, that all of our wonderful state agency's are run by a complete bunch of bumbling knuckleheads. Have been for years.
    May of not been your agents fault.

?? State Farm Insurance is a commercial company, not a state agency. ?? That doesn't mean they are not a complete bunch of bumbling knuckleheads, but they aren't the government kind... ??

SpiritClump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2015
    Middlebury
    From the way it sounds, even if you went to small claims court I don't think you would get the money from him because he doesn't have any to give.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    First time I was hit state farm was awesome. Not a single complaint.
    Second time I was hit, the lady hit me about 6 times because "her brakes failed". I was about a mile-mile and a half away from home so I drove my car home despite the bumper hanging/rubbing on rear tire.

Once home I pulled the bumper off the rear tire/held it off with a bungee cord so I could drive it to work which is literally right across the street and less then half a mile down the road.. maybe 1/4 mile down the road. They said they would not tow it to the repair shop in Zionsville because I had been driving it to and from work.

I asked for a better explanation of why they would not tow a damaged car to the repair shop. They told me some bs to which I questioned why I was being treated as the bad guy even though I had paid my insurance and had a valid license and why I should continue to keep them as my insurer if that was how they were going to deal with their customers who are doing things "right". I hung up after I asked/said all that. A few minutes later a lady called me back and said she understood my frustrations and will have the car towed to the repair shop and that the guy who was "helping" me before would be talked to.

I still have state farm. They were the cheapest insurance (full coverage) for both my truck and the M5.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Odd. Ive had my state farm auto policy in force since 1989. To the point that with multicar/homeowners discounts, I am in the highest discount bracket they have. Ive tried quoting other companies, and the only way they can get cheaper is for me to reduce coverage.

Every time I've had an accident, I've had zero issues. I call, tell them what happened, fax them the police report showing I wasnt at fault, a couple days later they tell me to take it to the shop. I get a rental, and several days later return the rental and pick up my car.

Must be dumb luck.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    We switched over to GEICO. Our youngest son had an accident in which it was his fault. Did not hit anyone else. About $3,300 in damage. They paid the claim, no raise in rates. So far I am pretty satisfied with them.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I too have checked my insurance policies... I've got no deductible on the UMPI coverage, but a select-able deductible on my UMPD. I selected $250.

I've got Progressive, and have not yet had to file a claim with them *knock on wood*. My previous insurer was AAA, but I had a horrible experience with them. Went to AAA for Auto insurance, but since I had not been covered (didn't have a car and had not been driving) for the prior 6 months, we needed to establish a history before we could get AAA. We got Progressive, and were told by the AAA agent that after 6 months of Progressive, we could get a cheaper policy with AAA. What the ******* didn't tell us was that we would get a cheaper policy by reducing coverage. Once I found that out, and raised my coverage to what it had been on the Progressive policy, it was about 10% more expensive, so I cancelled immediately.

This was 4 months into a 6 month policy, and I was absolutely appalled to see that after 2 months of not being with AAA, they auto-billed a renewal fee and back dated it for the 2 months that I hadn't paid on a cancelled policy. AAA. Never again.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Odd. Ive had my state farm auto policy in force since 1989. To the point that with multicar/homeowners discounts, I am in the highest discount bracket they have. Ive tried quoting other companies, and the only way they can get cheaper is for me to reduce coverage.

Every time I've had an accident, I've had zero issues. I call, tell them what happened, fax them the police report showing I wasnt at fault, a couple days later they tell me to take it to the shop. I get a rental, and several days later return the rental and pick up my car.

Must be dumb luck.

I've been with them since I could drive (76), on my parents' policy first, then on my own. I have 2 vehicles, a boat, home and personal property (guns :):) policies with them and have always been happy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I too have checked my insurance policies... I've got no deductible on the UMPI coverage, but a select-able deductible on my UMPD. I selected $250.

I've got Progressive, and have not yet had to file a claim with them *knock on wood*. My previous insurer was AAA, but I had a horrible experience with them. Went to AAA for Auto insurance, but since I had not been covered (didn't have a car and had not been driving) for the prior 6 months, we needed to establish a history before we could get AAA. We got Progressive, and were told by the AAA agent that after 6 months of Progressive, we could get a cheaper policy with AAA. What the ******* didn't tell us was that we would get a cheaper policy by reducing coverage. Once I found that out, and raised my coverage to what it had been on the Progressive policy, it was about 10% more expensive, so I cancelled immediately.

This was 4 months into a 6 month policy, and I was absolutely appalled to see that after 2 months of not being with AAA, they auto-billed a renewal fee and back dated it for the 2 months that I hadn't paid on a cancelled policy. AAA. Never again.

I have AAA through a privately owned agency. Had nothing but good luck with them as My agent is on top of his work.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    my father had State Farm for as long as I could remember. I had my first policy, add on to Dads, when I started driving 30+ years ago.

When my mother passed 4 years ago and Dad notified them to remove her from the auto policies due to death, his insurance went up. 68 year old widow and his insurance goes up.

He left State Farm and hasn't looked back

jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    I just emailed my insurance dude to be sure I had UM on my policy. Thanks for the heads up and sorry for your wreck. At least you weren't driving a little Focus or something.

Bite me Stocks!! Lol

He knows I traded a Focus ST for the truck. His wife also came to our rescue after the accident. Thank you.

I played phone tag with the rep. at Liberty Mutual today. She did call back once and got my voice mail. I got hers about 7 times. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    ?? State Farm Insurance is a commercial company, not a state agency. ?? That doesn't mean they are not a complete bunch of bumbling knuckleheads, but they aren't the government kind... ??

I was talking about the BMV, not the insurance company. The agent may have sent in the form and the BMV didn't do it's part.

Top Bottom