• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rightwinger

Marksman
    Jan 10, 2012
    Mother Indiana
    WOW im super disappointed with Bradis, i have been in there a few times just to browse but i went in monday looking for a new pistol for my Girlfriend to CC. The Selection was awesome but the staff was gut wrenching they were so rude it made me sick. It was to the point where my girlfriend didnt even want a new pistol! (and thats not like her) Im not saying i will never go back maybe it was a bad day for them but I dont know why i didnt just go to PSS like always

indyjoe

Master
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    That is surprising. Never had a bad experience in Bradis and I fondle much more than I buy. What did they do that was rude?

rightwinger

Marksman
    Jan 10, 2012
    Mother Indiana
    they way the spoke to me and my better half lots of profanities (F-BOMB alot!) and talking like we were wasting their time. dont get me wrong i cuss quite a bit but when in a public setting infront of people you dont know isnt right, i was surprised that it was like that from all the good reviews ive read. like i said it wont be that last time i go in i just think ol boy who was working there was having a bad day, but it cost them a sell

rhino

Grandmaster
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've always been treated well in Bradis. They also have people on staff that actually know about how to configure and use the guns and gear they sell (like Shooter521 and SJStill), which is not true of most gun shops.

Mackey

Master
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    First impressions can be tough to overcome. I'm heading there this weekend. I'm not scared. I'll let you know how it goes.

indyjoe

Master
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    First impressions can be tough to overcome. I'm heading there this weekend. I'm not scared. I'll let you know how it goes.

Be careful. They will hand you guns and use their slippery ways to have you trade them for money. All the while making you think it was your idea...

Well that is how I describe it to the wife anyway.

CrimsonRayne

Plinker
    Jul 13, 2012
    Sometimes its like that. At one time I too had a some experiences that left a bad taste on my palate, but the past 2 times I've been in have been pretty stellar. Give em another shot. I did and was happy for it.

chuddly

Expert
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    Im not normally one to complain (and im not complaining) but i had an almost similar thing happen to me there a week ago. Not with cussing but a friend and myself were driving by bradis and he had never been there so we stopped in because i am looking for a new EDC gun. There was only 1 other customer in there and 3 or 4 workers. Of course i wanted the shield but you guys didnt have it (thats not the problem). I asked the middle aged guy behind the counter if he had a shield in stock i could see. He said "nope and we wont get them in for a while". I was a little taken back by the tone he used with me but kinda let it go because every other time i have been in there even when they are busy i have gotten good service. I asked him "do you have any suggestions for anything else for a small CCW in 9mm that has an external safety?" He then made some comment to the effect of not really (not those exact words) and within 15 seconds of our fist words spoken he had walked off and was no closer to the gun i wanted to buy then when i walked in. I looked around a bit more and a younger kid (early to mid 20's and in decant shape) asked me if i needed help and we went though the same run down with the i wanted a shield and blah blah blah. He handed me the "blue gun" of the shield so i could see if i liked its feel and then suggested a couple others which i kind of like one of them and will probly pick it up. Its just a shame that 1 guys attitude can kill it for a whole company. I understand we all have bad days but if you are having one dont deal with the public...go do some paperwork or something.

On a side note Shooter ill be sending you a PM in a second about the recommended gun.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    I've been to Bradis & Bradis II a couple of time a week for the past couple of months and I've always had very good service whether I was buying or just looking. I was planning to go again today a buy another gun, but I can't make up my mind which one I want.

Although I haven't had the same experience as others based on some of the posts here, it is concerning because I was thinking about bringing my wife in this weekend to buy her a handgun. She's not really into guns if you know what I mean, but she realizes she needs one for protection when I'm not with her. If she was treated badly, I'd never hear the end of it. I do appreciate the heads-up, just not sure what to do now. Bummer.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I've been to Bradis & Bradis II a couple of time a week for the past couple of months and I've always had very good service whether I was buying or just looking. I was planning to go again today a buy another gun, but I can't make up my mind which one I want.

Although I haven't had the same experience as others based on some of the posts here, it is concerning because I was thinking about bringing my wife in this weekend to buy her a handgun. She's not really into guns if you know what I mean, but she realizes she needs one for protection when I'm not with her. If she was treated badly, I'd never hear the end of it. I do appreciate the heads-up, just not sure what to do now. Bummer.

Seriously, don't let a couple bad posts stop you. Bring your wife. Buy her a gun. And buy yourself a gun. Go have fun.

Bradis is a great gun shop, ran by a great bunch of guys. I have fun everytime I visit. As a matter of fact, my dad and I are going Saturday.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I've sent my girl friend , her friends, my mom (she goes by herself sometimes) and female cousins into Bradis to talk to them just to see what would happen .

Just like I have with other stores , I figure if they won't take care of the women in my life they don't get any of my money .

The only complaint I've heard from them about Bradis was that they didn't have enough money at the time to get what they wanted .

I'm sure anybody can have a bad day though , don't let that one time ruin it for you .

chuddly

Expert
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I want to clarify my previous post....I by no means intend not to go back there. In fact im talking to Shooter now about the next gun im getting from them. I just posted it really because that 1 experience was out of the ordinary from what i normally have there. I WOULD NOT hesitate to go back there again at all or take someone. I just figure the first guy had a bad day....simple as that, no harm no foul.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm kind of surprised by the OP's post too. Now I have been in there when it takes awhile to get someone to wait on me, but that's just because it's been packed at those times. I've never had anyone be rude or unfriendly. While there's never an excuse to be rude, it's possible that the customer that he'd just finished with had been an ***hole to him... or maybe there had been several like that. :dunno: Still not right to take it out on the next customer that comes in, but that's human nature unfortunately.

Mackey

Master
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Be careful. They will hand you guns and use their slippery ways to have you trade them for money. All the while making you think it was your idea...

Well that is how I describe it to the wife anyway.

That's a riot! I still haven't told my wife about my trip there today.
    Maybe the OP hasn't been in many gun shops. I'm not sure what he was expecting or what happened. I mean, I didn't have the red carpet rolled out and no one brought over a horderve tray, But man! I am completely satisfied with that shop.
    [thread=228066]Read About It Here[/thread]

Anyway, don't mead to downplay the OPs impressions, that's between him and Bradis. But I for one would highly recommend them.

Last edited:

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    Seriously, don't let a couple bad posts stop you. Bring your wife. Buy her a gun. And buy yourself a gun. Go have fun.

Bradis is a great gun shop, ran by a great bunch of guys. I have fun everytime I visit. As a matter of fact, my dad and I are going Saturday.

I went to Bradis II Friday and bought 1,500 rds of ammo and some other stuff. Like I said, I've always had very good service at Bradis. I'll probably buy a couple of guns this next week.

Top Bottom