WOW!!! RINO’s Threaten to Leave Republican Party & Join Democrats Not America First…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I saw an idea a few years ago that never got much traction, but it stuck with me: rather than amend the constitution to allow for term limits, change it to make it illegal to seek the ballot for elected office while you hold elected office.

Elected officials should use their time on the public clock to focus on running their office, not their next campaign.

I see the bureaucracy as a double-edged sword. We don’t want to hire new air traffic controllers or network administrators every time we get a new president…critical services would be exposed to massive vulnerabilities. People would likely die.

On the other hand, the bureaucracy has to be kept in close check. Transparency and oversight are critical to a functioning representative government, and both are sorely lacking in ours currently.

Unfortunately, its a bit of a catch-22. It would fall to the bureaucracy to provide both in any practical implementation.

This is why I like the idea of not being allowed to run for office while you are already holding elected office...you can hold office as many times as the voters want you to, but you can never hold the seat for a dynastic period of time continuously.
    Most all of that while well intentioned, is likely unconstitutional. A big deal if Trump is elected will be his executive order firing most of those who work in the White House and on WH related work.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    On the other hand, the bureaucracy has to be kept in close check. Transparency and oversight are critical to a functioning representative government, and both are sorely lacking in ours currently.
    Don’t give them too much power then. An air traffic controller doesn’t really make the point. Unaccountable bureaucrats should not have the power to take a president down that they don’t like. They should not have the power to change a word defined in a law passed by Congress signed by the president. Especially if the new definition makes millions of people criminals.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Voting is a right.

People shouldn’t have to get special licenses to exercise their rights.

I learned that here on INGO.
    I'll agree that restrictions on the right to vote is unconstitutional. I also say I'll personally drive an individual (who has no identification of any kind) to 200 W Washington Street to testify on why their rights are being violated. That offer is open to someone who waited for Constitutional Carry to become a criminal.

I do have concerns when 100% of an Alzheimer's Unit in a nursing home votes. I have concerns when the dead vote. I have concerns when people vote more than once. I have concerns when people who don't live whee I do, come here and vote. All of those things infringe on my right to vote.

Much like I don't need a license from the government to not have soldiers quartered in my home without my consent, or to not be subject to unreasonable search and seizure, or to have the right to due process, or to have the right to an attorney, or to have the right to a Grand Jury, or to not be subject to cruel and unusual punishment...

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Voting is a right.

People shouldn’t have to get special licenses to exercise their rights.

I learned that here on INGO.

How is it a license to say you know how long the person you're voting for will serve in office?

Voting as it is now has been stripped of any meaning to the point we take for granted the dead will vote. This is essentially depriving people of the right to vote through making their vote meaningless.

This is equivalent to regulating guns to the point all you're allowed to have is an air rifle. Are you still getting some form of gun rights? Technically, but only technically.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    The issue is too many people vote. They create so much white noise in the results that those who are actually decently informed are effectively made irrelevant.

Voting should include a basic knowledge test on the functioning of the branches of government, even if it's 1st grade level knowledge. Because most of the white noise would be instantly cut out.

How many years does a senator serve, how many years does a house member serve, what is the age to serve, what are the branches of government. Simple stuff. If they fail, do not notify them, just have their vote be invalid.

If someone calls this racist, that's rich because of the implication being made about that race.
    It should include the same requirements as legally carrying a firearm. Both rights with the same restrictions and responsibilities.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Should you have to pass a test to own/carry a firearm?

You already do, it's a 4473. I'm simply suggesting the same is applied to voting.

I mean if it was up to me we'd go back to voting being restricted to the same standards they were at our founding. Because the country was designed for that system implicitly. It was not designed to allow everyone to vote, much less non-citizens as has become an issue in some states.

As things are currently, I don't think people should be able to vote for state or federal politicians, I think that should be limited to county level politicians voting for state level, and state level voting for federal. That would be a system more fitting of allowing everyone to vote. It hardens elections to the point someone with a lot of money can't decide the direction of the country's politics through media and social media.

We are very ripe to have a nation see what a powerful tool AI and social media is in our politics, and conquer us from within.

Last edited:

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    You already do, it's a 4473. I'm simply suggesting the same is applied to voting.

I mean if it was up to me we'd go back to voting being restricted to the same standards they were at our founding. Because the country was designed for that system implicitly. It was not designed to allow everyone to vote, much less non-citizens as has become an issue in some states.

As things are currently, I don't think people should be able to vote for state or federal politicians, I think that should be limited to county level politicians voting for state level, and state level voting for federal. That would be a system more fitting of allowing everyone to vote. It hardens elections to the point someone with a lot of money can't decide the direction of the country's politics through media and social media.

We are very ripe to have a nation see what a powerful tool AI and social media is in our politics, and conquer us from within.
    If you can’t legally carry a gun, you shouldn’t be able to legally vote.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So even if republicans get a majority they will be held back or maybe even have the majority taken away by party switching RINO’s…

“According to interviews conducted by The Hill, several Republican senators are now saying they just cannot be members of the Republican Party if they are forced to represent the interests of the base voter. These very specifically named Republicans have always been members of the UniParty in DC; however, now they are saying “populism” amid the commonsense, America First voting base is not going to be acceptable.”

“The senators are openly warning that if putting American interests first is going to be demanded by the voters, these Republicans will just become Democrats. There is no reason for Americans to distrust the institutions the Republican senators support, and there will be no compromise or discussion.”

“What is making these Republican senators angrier is that who they consider to be intellectual and professional people are also demanding a more populist approach toward a government that represents the people. This is just not going to be allowed according to Lisa Murkowski, John Thune, John Cornyn and the other names outlined.”

images.jpeg

Top Bottom