• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I don't know what kind of mark up gun shops have on their products but if it is pretty good (which they have to have to stay in business) then they may be buying new pistols from their distributors for about what they offered you. Maybe JetGirl will let us know what a Gen 4 G23 costs her from her supplier.:popcorn:

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    For what it's worth, Brand New G34 gen 4's are going for $502.

You have to consider what a dealer is paying for a brand new one.

There is the overhead of a business to run.

Glocks are very plentiful.

Again, Everyone should expect trade in value to be low on anything they trade in.

$325 may have been the offer because they weren't interested in the pistol unless it could be had at a great price.

It costs money to change our minds.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I realize how this must sound but they (LGS) need to make a few hundred on every sale. If you were a regular doing business with them all the time I am sure the offer would have been higher. I was in one of the LGS I frequent and heard a deal in progress. They really low balled this guy. He was selling the gun, no trades and he took it. When he left I mentioned they were a bit rough on the guy. Response was only, he did not have to take the offer. This is true.
    Sell the gun outright and take your money and buy what you want. I have seen these Glocks in the case new for $525.00

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I don't mind the gun shop making money. The ones I frequent will look up the value of the gun and grade it according to wear and take 30% off that price. The shops I avoid are the ones that offer you a price in 2 seconds without even looking it up. It is usually an insult.

1.5 seconds, if it's a Glock..............common guns means the questions get asked a dozen times a day, day after day.

Now add the common aspect of the gun, dealer and Mil/LEO programs and the fact that somebody asking the value of a trade in at one place, bought it elsewhere, yeah.............expect a beating on price.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You called them and asked them for a price? Of course they lowballed you. You tell them you've got a NIB gun, they give you a good price, you bring in a boat anchor POS and they're in a bad spot, either way overpay for something beat to sh*t, or "back out" of an agreed price. I'd take it into them, let them look at it and see what kinda price they give you then before you write them off completely.

Yeah....This.....

Folks call me about A/C work. Want price over the phone and never seen the house. Bam, take that for being silly. Let me see it and I will be reasonable.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was in a gun shop in SB when someone brought a couple of pistols in to sell. They gave him less than half of retail and the guns appeared to be at least LNIB. The guy took it. I thought about offering him more, but didnt think that would go over very well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was in a gun shop in SB when someone brought a couple of pistols in to sell. They gave him less than half of retail and the guns appeared to be at least LNIB. The guy took it. I thought about offering him more, but didnt think that would go over very well.

Folks are hurting right now and dealers know it.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I never try to do any trade in business over the phone. If you walk into a shop and he has a whole rack full of used Glocks, that is probably not a highly desireable trade-in at that establishment.
    Supply and demand is a big factor in the used market. I remember when every other firearm in used racks was S&W K frame revolvers. For a while you could not give them away, with shops offering only $75-100 for 90% plus condition examples. Now they are back in demand, and well worn used ones are bringing $300 plus.
    As far as "New in box", a private individual can buy a brand new pistol at noon, and never fire it. If he decides to trade it in at 12:15, it is still a used gun.

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    I never try to do any trade in business over the phone. If you walk into a shop and he has a whole rack full of used Glocks, that is probably not a highly desireable trade-in at that establishment.
    Supply and demand is a big factor in the used market. I remember when every other firearm in used racks was S&W K frame revolvers. For a while you could not give them away, with shops offering only $75-100 for 90% plus condition examples. Now they are back in demand, and well worn used ones are bringing $300 plus.
    As far as "New in box", a private individual can buy a brand new pistol at noon, and never fire it. If he decides to trade it in at 12:15, it is still a used gun.
    well said sir , same as i quoted in my original post

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    but like i said it is also about an hour drive for me one way . I asked if he had any gen 4s he said no , .....Just sharing a simple experience , but a local shop had offered me 450 on trade as of saturday so i guess i know who i will be going with

bman1903

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    I never understand why people sell things back to the dealers any way when you can always sell an item for more yourself, only reason I can see is a time crunch with an immediate need for money on the spot.

R.G.Gray

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2011
    These are the same LGS owners, who want you to support them when they over charge you on a gun you can buy online....BMA

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    These are the same LGS owners, who want you to support them when they over charge you on a gun you can buy online....BMA
    when the local gunshop is gone maybe you can order all your ammo online and all your reloading components too , oh and all the expertise that is provided . Without all that id be lost . I always try and support the local guy and i got a good deal on the gen 4 but we have to pay sales tax when not ordering online

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom