• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    So i have a new in box glock gen 4 model 23 , i saw another gun i wanted at a shop over in lafayette advertised for sale . So i figured id give them a call and see what they could offer me on a NIB gen 4 glock 23 , low and behold it was a whopping 325 and that was the high offer ??? really ,, i may be missing something here but they sell used gen 3s for 475 and 500 . I understand that you need to make money but really ? that much? folks it is unfired just picked it up from the dealer last week. I have been trading, buying, and swapping for a long time and completely understand how the USED gun thing goes but that was extremely low and they for sure lost a customer !!! say what you want , leave your remarks as you wish , but bottom line is their used is gold your unfired used is worth toilet paper . Anyone else know what im saying ? And its not like i was asking the price i had in it because some of us know its not worth what you paid for it once you leave with it , but enough hosing people so you can make tons of cash on every deal . Im done my :twocents:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    A reputable dealer will sell your pistol as "used" but just the same it's worth more than $325 in trade. My estimate would be at least $100 more than what they offered. Just curious, what do they sell the same thing for "new"?
    Making a profit is one thing but tearing a guys head off is quite another. Just my:twocents:

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] 1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I do understand your frustration, but why not just throw it up on INGO classifieds. IMO, anybody that is money conscious and has some "fire arms value" sense will not be happy with trade-in value. Just sell it on here and avoid the torment of low trade in value.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I don't mind the gun shop making money. The ones I frequent will look up the value of the gun and grade it according to wear and take 30% off that price. The shops I avoid are the ones that offer you a price in 2 seconds without even looking it up. It is usually an insult.

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    A reputable dealer will sell your pistol as "used" but just the same it's worth more than $325 in trade. My estimate would be at least $100 more than what they offered. Just curious, what do they sell the same thing for "new"?
    Making a profit is one thing but tearing a guys head off is quite another. Just my:twocents:

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] 1911 Mechanic[/FONT]
    you sir are absolutely correct thank you

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    I do understand your frustration, but why not just throw it up on INGO classifieds. IMO, anybody that is money conscious and has some "fire arms value" sense will not be happy with trade-in value. Just sell it on here and avoid the torment of low trade in value.
    I did put it classifieds now , thanks again guys

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    And the crazy thing is ive seen so much positive on here about these guys , thought id give them some business , dont think thats gonna happen . To be respectful while i was on the phone with them i didnt freak out on them or was hateful in any way at all . Just posting my experience

DadOfFour

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    And the crazy thing is ive seen so much positive on here about these guys , thought id give them some business , dont think thats gonna happen . To be respectful while i was on the phone with them i didnt freak out on them or was hateful in any way at all . Just posting my experience

You called them and asked them for a price? Of course they lowballed you. You tell them you've got a NIB gun, they give you a good price, you bring in a boat anchor POS and they're in a bad spot, either way overpay for something beat to sh*t, or "back out" of an agreed price. I'd take it into them, let them look at it and see what kinda price they give you then before you write them off completely.

Win52C

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    $325 does seem a bit low to me as well. To me a used or previously owned Glock is a $400 gun. But then I'm not trying to resell it either. Also I think the fact that Glocks are readily available pretty much anywhere you go. And have no "collector" value. Like some other handguns may be why they are offering you such a low trade in. You'll definately come out ahead on a private sale. Just my two cents :)

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    You called them and asked them for a price? Of course they lowballed you. You tell them you've got a NIB gun, they give you a good price, you bring in a boat anchor POS and they're in a bad spot, either way overpay for something beat to sh*t, or "back out" of an agreed price. I'd take it into them, let them look at it and see what kinda price they give you then before you write them off completely.

I don't know - It seems to me that a dealer would hesitate to give any price over the phone at all. Even if they did - and quoted a higher price, and the person brought in a boat anchor, they wouldn't be obligated to pay the agreed upon price since the person didn't bring the agreed upon fireram...

Win52C

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County

And This! :)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Car dealers never offer enough for trade ins either.

And that is why I don't understand trading in a car or a gun. Unless you have much more money than time. Then it doesn't matter to you anyway, right?

Maybe it's cuz I'm in sales, but I don't see the difficulty in selling stuff yourself with one exception; your home. In this housing market, I need help to get it sold and will gladly pay the commission. Plus if you do the math, you won't walk away with more money if you do it yourself, unless you are a realtor or lawyer.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    That shop has to pay the bills, pay employees, etc. and on top of that might have to hold onto that pistol until it sells which might be upwards of 6 months give or take.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    So i have a new in box glock gen 4 model 23 , i saw another gun i wanted at a shop over in lafayette advertised for sale . So i figured id give them a call and see what they could offer me on a NIB gen 4 glock 23 , low and behold it was a whopping 325 and that was the high offer ??? really ,, i may be missing something here but they sell used gen 3s for 475 and 500 . I understand that you need to make money but really ? that much? folks it is unfired just picked it up from the dealer last week. I have been trading, buying, and swapping for a long time and completely understand how the USED gun thing goes but that was extremely low and they for sure lost a customer !!! say what you want , leave your remarks as you wish , but bottom line is their used is gold your unfired used is worth toilet paper . Anyone else know what im saying ? And its not like i was asking the price i had in it because some of us know its not worth what you paid for it once you leave with it , but enough hosing people so you can make tons of cash on every deal . Im done my :twocents:
    Yeah, there seems to be a lot of that going on lately, everywhere I have noticed. FUBAR.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Your gun is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

$325 sounds like an average offer from a gun shop. No doubt you could get more for it from a private sale. But then there are lots of people in the classifieds that think just because you ask price they always offer you less. Its a game, not always played by upstanding citizens.

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    like i said , it is NIB just picked it up last week . If you take the time to read my posting you will see i did not expect retail or what i paid.....That being said 325 is a low ball offer none the less GEN 4 NEW......I am simply sharing an experience here , and if any of you have any new glocks you would like to sell for 325 let me know ill gladly take them off of your hands !!!

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    just an experience is all guys , we all know that is a low ball offer and yes i did call them , seems it is about 1hr one way for me to get there and gas aint cheap and i cant low ball the gas station lol wish i could somehow

Top Bottom