• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    Over Thanksgiving We went to my Dads in N.C. . He had purchased my step mom a Beretta Bobcat in .22 cal . We went to pick it up on friday at a place called Jims pawn , which by the way was nicer than Ronny Barretts place in Tennese. But here is where the story began and ends . If you are a resident of N.C. you have to go to gunshop and purchase or put down a serious deposit on a gun , then go to the sheriff's office and apply for a permit to purchase . The sheriff than collects $25.00 runs a NCI background check . fills out the permission slip calls the gun shop get the make, model,and serial number of the gun . They then call you ,you go pick up your permission slip , take it to the gun shop , the gun shop calls the sheriff to verify the permission slip . then they completes the sell after you fill out your 4473 and they call it in for a Instant Background Check . Every gun you of purchase , you have to go though this . What a crock of s+++ . The sheriff uses that money for his coffers . That really seemed like some Nazi crap to me . But they did give mom free range time , gun functioned flawless .......12 feet .... 3 between the eyes ....4 in the neither regions ...2 center of mass ,,,, not to bad for a 77 year old white woman that was shaking, Physical , not from being scared, she give me her Python(SS) she could not handle it any more

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Over Thanksgiving We went to my Dads in N.C. . He had purchased my step mom a Beretta Bobcat in .22 cal . We went to pick it up on friday at a place called Jims pawn , which by the way was nicer than Ronny Barretts place in Tennese. But here is where the story began and ends . If you are a resident of N.C. you have to go to gunshop and purchase or put down a serious deposit on a gun , then go to the sheriff's office and apply for a permit to purchase . The sheriff than collects $25.00 runs a NCI background check . fills out the permission slip calls the gun shop get the make, model,and serial number of the gun . They then call you ,you go pick up your permission slip , take it to the gun shop , the gun shop calls the sheriff to verify the permission slip . then they completes the sell after you fill out your 4473 and they call it in for a Instant Background Check . Every gun you of purchase , you have to go though this . What a crock of s+++ . The sheriff uses that money for his coffers . That really seemed like some Nazi crap to me . But they did give mom free range time , gun functioned flawless .......12 feet .... 3 between the eyes ....4 in the neither regions ...2 center of mass ,,,, not to bad for a 77 year old white woman that was shaking, Physical , not from being scared, she give me her Python(SS) she could not handle it any more

Id love to live in NC because of the coast and weather,,,but their crappy gun laws and crappy shooting opportunities makes INDIANA a much better place for shooters!!! SC is a little better on the buy side...but no open carry...

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    friggin cap locks ------sorry

I was born and raised in the SOUTH , But I have never seen any crap like that . The owner of the store said it was in response to all the strawman purchases , where all the guns were ending up in the northeast . So N.C. adjusted their gun laws to satisfy the Yanks and make a little extra money on the side . Just remember what Stalin,Hitler,and Chevez did before they took over their respctive countries

KyColonel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    North Carolina probably has the most stringent gun laws in the South. You're correct, the purchase procedure sounds like it was cooked up in Massachusetts or Maryland. And don't even think about carrying concealed inside a motor vehicle (even with a CCW permit/license).

On the positive side, NC is a shall-issue state and is pretty liberal when it comes to recognizing other states' licenses. At least they don't require a state-issued hall pass to take your handgun to the range. ;)

Last edited:

KyColonel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    I was born and raised in the SOUTH , But I have never seen any crap like that . The owner of the store said it was in response to all the strawman purchases , where all the guns were ending up in the northeast .

I have my doubts that these laws really have anything to do with straw purchases. Speaking as a native Southron myself, I'd wager a tidy sum that North Carolina's gun laws originally were designed to keep black folks disarmed during the Jim Crow Era.

As you correctly noted, tyrants of all ilks have at least one thing in common with common criminals. They prefer to deal with unarmed subjects and/or victims.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 14, 2010
    I think it's only for handguns. I bought a couple rifles when I lived there and never had an issue with those, just the pistols. The worst part is, even if you do a private person-person transaction with the pistol, the purchaser has to have one of those permits. Huge pain.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    God help the Administration if they ever try and change the gun laws here. I know I wouldn't tolerate it, and neither would any of the people I know.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    They don't call North Carolina "The California of the South" for nothin'.

On a whole host of issues, from taxes to traffic enforcement to gun laws, the Tarheel State'd make a lot more sense wedged in between Illinois and Ohio than Indiana does...

Top Bottom