• ...and so much more!
  • J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Excellent post.
    Excellent article.

The Brady bunch is pissing in the wind..... and that's a good thing.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I really liked the last three paragraphs on the 2nd page.:rockwoot: Armed citizens were less likely to shoot an innocent than the cops. DUH, 'cause the armed citizen when he shoots someone is usually the victim of the crime.

Easy to tell who the bad guy is. I don't have to serve no knock warrants to the wrong address.:rolleyes:

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    The tide is turning. Anyone else get the email from budgunshop.com stating that sales are through the roof and supply is down = higher prices coming soon.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    great article.

one thing not addressed by the article that often hear is that if you own a firearm, you are more likely (over 50 percent) to shoot a family member than a criminal.
    where does this statistic come from? how is it true or not true?
    how are the numbers interpreted to come up with this?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I think that was the flawed "Kellerman" study. I don't offhand recall why it was flawed, but that's probably a good starting point to start googling. (all I recall is that Kellerman was either the "50% more likely to kill a friend/family member" or the "gun in the home is 64% more likely to be taken away and used by a criminal" or something similar.)

Hope it helps!

Blessings,
    Bill

TruxLupus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    Wow, I'm impressed. Well written article in a prominent magazine promoting pro-gun viewpoints?

This went straight up on my facebook wall. Gotta make sure it gets around. People need to read this.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    I think that was the flawed "Kellerman" study. I don't offhand recall why it was flawed, but that's probably a good starting point to start googling. (all I recall is that Kellerman was either the "50% more likely to kill a friend/family member" or the "gun in the home is 64% more likely to be taken away and used by a criminal" or something similar.)

Hope it helps!

Blessings,
    Bill
    ah thanks. according to google, it took 0.28 seconds to find exactly what i was looking for.

he rejected a majority of self defense uses of firearms.
    those where the gun was never fired.
    those where the assailant survived (somehow that doesnt count as shot at all)
    and those where the individual was first charged with murder and then found to be self defense by acquitted or appeal.

then on the flipside, he counted suicides as in home "accidents" which was by the way, was a huge portion of the accidents.
    that was the 50% more like to shoot a family member number.

then to make it worse, he came up with a 43:1 number by clumping all unjusifiable criminal shootings in with the flawed numbers as if they were legal gun owners in the first place.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    The tide is turning. Anyone else get the email from budgunshop.com stating that sales are through the roof and supply is down = higher prices coming soon.
    Yeah, I got that email also. I love it when gun sales keep increasing. Now if the new owners would just get politically active and help defend our 2a rights that would be great.

Top Bottom