• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mayday671

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Monroeville
    Everyone here needs to stop b****ing about INGO, everyone is pretty friendly/helpful here.:yesway:

I went to M4carbine.net to look around and maybe ask some questions. I viewed one thread where a guy simply wanted to know about buffers. He was trashed from the get go.:dunno: Basicly told he was an idiot for even asking. GOODBYE!

What a bunch of M4 dorks/wonks. Endless drivil about this or that "spec". Heaven help you if you don't own a Colt!:rolleyes: No real useful information can be gotten from the website as far as I'm concerned.

:twocents:

Yes but AR15.com is better. Most of these douchebags don't even know what they are talking about.

Mayday671

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Monroeville
    People are tough behind a computer screen. If you have any questions on an AR just ask here. Ill be happy to share my knowledge and Im sure many others here will also.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So the next time anyone feels like they've been snubbed on a board, remember this: you probably gave the snubber the happiest 3 minute of his miserable week.

I would also add that you should think about who you (the collective "you", not you personally, LEaSH) may have snubbed right here on INGO. We often don't recognize our own behavior mirrored in the negative actions of others.

ssgjason

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Southern IN
    I find it to be an excellent sitefor research. They prefer you to research first. They also prfer you to post in old threads and not start new ones.

Much like lightfighter, it is a site for those who want to bring their craft to the next level. Or, who want the best tools for their job or hobby. Please take no offense but there are many sites where John Q Public is not the intended audience and the members do not want the "riff-raff" in. And please understand I am not part of that group but I understand their want.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    imafaaff.jpg

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    Originally Posted by wetidlerjr
    Yes, I've been there and done that. There is a wealth of info there about the AR-15/M16 but it is sometimes difficult to extract it without losing a finger (or hand) in the process. You MUST have a VERY thick skin as they do not suffer (in their opinion) fools gladly. If you are the type that "gets your feelings hurt" easily then it isn't the place for you. They expect you to do a "Search" on any question beforehand and if your question has already been asked and answered, they will close your thread. They tried some ridiculing of a statement I made but I stood my ground with some actual knowledge and they dropped the witch hunt. It's not a place for everyone.

My thing is this. Just a comparison I don't know hardly anything about say wiring a house and am starting out. If I asked someone to teach me I will probably have to ask some elementry questions that is way below the "experts" level. If said "experts" want to cut my head off verbally then you just lost me from trying to pick up the trade.
    IMHO the folks with those attitudes do more to possibly run away someone that has never been exposed to firearms and might want to get started in firearms and this is their first taste! could sort of sour most. These loud folks are probably trying to compensate for something. (never or couldn't serve in the military, LE soemthing)

Then don't waste your time there as the "powers that be" on that site run it a certain way and they don't seem to be concerned about who likes it. They simply don't care what your thing is. Mods will lock a thread simply because they don't like what is being said without any COC violations by any of the posters. As I said, good info is there and I have learned a lot in the last year but it isn't a site for the average AR shooter. :dunno:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Then don't waste your time there as the "powers that be" on that site run it a certain way and they don't seem to be concerned about who likes it. They simply don't care what your thing is. Mods will lock a thread simply because they don't like what is being said without any COC violations by any of the posters. As I said, good info is there and I have learned a lot in the last year but it isn't a site for the average AR shooter. :dunno:

You have some points but if "the powers that be" don't want to be "bothered" by mere Laymen then perhaps they should require a paid mebership and interview prospected applicants like any "club" and club is all some of them have become.

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    I have been a member at M4Carbine a lot longer than I have been on this site. M4 is the place I would go for detailed technical info on the AR platform...depending on who is posting there. With that said there is a number of people there (like on any other board) that want to push their agenda or be attention whores.

Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I am a member on a number of internet forums about different subjects of conversation. All of them have a A-holes. From a collective group, to just a person here and there. I for one do not wish to fall into either of those catagories. So I try my best not to.
    As some mentioned; after typing out a reply, reading it over again and realizing you are being one of the A-holes, then deleting your reply or cleaning it up, makes you a forum member for the better collective good.

Now one of the biggest problems in typing relys/posting on the internet, is the problem with articulation. I know we have emotes (smiles, frowns, etc.), but they can't always show exactly how you are coming across on your message. In person, it could be completely different.

This forum is great so far.

OK, done. :)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Now one of the biggest problems in typing relys/posting on the internet, is the problem with articulation. I know we have emotes (smiles, frowns, etc.), but they can't always show exactly how you are coming across on your message. In person, it could be completely different.

I once read a study that suggested that only about 17% of communication was the actual words you were using. The rest is all body language, inflection, tone, etc. Smilies help, but clearly not enough in many cases.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    You have some points but if "the powers that be" don't want to be "bothered" by mere Laymen then perhaps they should require a paid mebership and interview prospected applicants like any "club" and club is all some of them have become.

Maybe so but you need to tell "the powers that be" how you feel as I have NOTHING to do with running that board. I'm just a lowly member. :D

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I am a member on that board and enjoy reading some of the stuff... kinda nerdy by comparison to the other gun boards I frequent- including weaponeer and weapons guild! Most of the internet forums have figured out that they will never see anyone they are bashing in real life, so they can say what they want. This sounds cheesy, but i would love to bump into a INGO member at a range sometime, so NOT being a jerk to fellow members is a priority! I havent been around here too long, but being the forum-junkie I am, this is a pretty good place to hang out! :ingo:

Top Bottom