• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Everyone here needs to stop b****ing about INGO, everyone is pretty friendly/helpful here.:yesway:

I went to M4carbine.net to look around and maybe ask some questions. I viewed one thread where a guy simply wanted to know about buffers. He was trashed from the get go.:dunno: Basicly told he was an idiot for even asking. GOODBYE!

What a bunch of M4 dorks/wonks. Endless drivil about this or that "spec". Heaven help you if you don't own a Colt!:rolleyes: No real useful information can be gotten from the website as far as I'm concerned.

:twocents:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Interesting, that.

I've noticed on boards related to cars, motorcycles, photography, pez dispensers... Just about anything anyone could possibly have a passion for, there are always a group of those that have a certain level of knowledge yet feel they must beat the verbal crap out of those with different opinions.

What kind of validation could they possibly hope getting on the internet? My guess is they have a miserable life. You know: dominating spouse, bully boss, kids have no respect for them. That sort of life.

So the next time anyone feels like they've been snubbed on a board, remember this: you probably gave the snubber the happiest 3 minute of his miserable week. Let him bask in his own awesomeness for a bit.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Interesting, that.

I've noticed on boards related to cars, motorcycles, photography, pez dispensers... Just about anything anyone could possibly have a passion for, there are always a group of those that have a certain level of knowledge yet feel they must beat the verbal crap out of those with different opinions.

What kind of validation could they possibly hope getting on the internet? My guess is they have a miserable life. You know: dominating spouse, bully boss, kids have no respect for them. That sort of life.

So the next time anyone feels like they've been snubbed on a board, remember this: you probably gave the snubber the happiest 3 minute of his miserable week. Let him bask in his own awesomeness for a bit.

+1 It is unfortunate that it is that way. While what I am going to mention only apply to a few. Every site, Even INGO has it's group of "bashers"! Or people that want to pick an argument instead of respectfully disagree/discuss the topic.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Kind of makes you want to go there and set up an account just to troll those "experts" doesn't it?

Not that I would suggest such a thing......... :whistle:

:D

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    Everyone here needs to stop b****ing about INGO, everyone is pretty friendly/helpful here.:yesway:
    I went to M4carbine.net to look around and maybe ask some questions. I viewed one thread where a guy simply wanted to know about buffers. He was trashed from the get go.:dunno: Basicly told he was an idiot for even asking. GOODBYE!
    What a bunch of M4 dorks/wonks. Endless drivil about this or that "spec". Heaven help you if you don't own a Colt!:rolleyes: No real useful information can be gotten from the website as far as I'm concerned.

:): Yes, I've been there and done that. There is a wealth of info there about the AR-15/M16 but it is sometimes difficult to extract it without losing a finger (or hand) in the process. You MUST have a VERY thick skin as they do not suffer (in their opinion) fools gladly. If you are the type that "gets your feelings hurt" easily then it isn't the place for you. They expect you to do a "Search" on any question beforehand and if your question has already been asked and answered, they will close your thread. They tried some ridiculing of a statement I made but I stood my ground with some actual knowledge and they dropped the witch hunt. It's not a place for everyone. :D

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Sorry you had a bad experience there. I am a member of m4carbine and think it's a great site with a wealth of information. I've never asked about buffers :D but I have always been treated well.

In any case glad you enjoy INGO :ingo:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    From the m4 section site questions/comments: Did somebody…
    I agree and that wasn't what I was attempting to convey, I am all for intelligent and or fun discussion when done right. What needs to stop is the use of this forum as a twitter/Facebook page where they can keep us updated on every part of their intricate life.

Looks like they have their own "Official Status Update Thread"

:rofl:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    :): Yes, I've been there and done that. There is a wealth of info there about the AR-15/M16 but it is sometimes difficult to extract it without losing a finger (or hand) in the process. You MUST have a VERY thick skin as they do not suffer (in their opinion) fools gladly. If you are the type that "gets your feelings hurt" easily then it isn't the place for you. They expect you to do a "Search" on any question beforehand and if your question has already been asked and answered, they will close your thread. They tried some ridiculing of a statement I made but I stood my ground with some actual knowledge and they dropped the witch hunt. It's not a place for everyone. :D

My thing is this. Just a comparison I don't know hardly anything about say wiring a house and am starting out. If I asked someone to teach me I will probably have to ask some elementry questions that is way below the "experts" level. If said "experts" want to cut my head off verbally then you just lost me from trying to pick up the trade.

IMHO the folks with those attitudes do more to possibly run away someone that has never been exposed to firearms and might want to get started in firearms and this is their first taste! could sort of sour most. These loud folks are probably trying to compensate for something. (never or couldn't serve in the military, LE soemthing)

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Sorry you had a bad experience there. I am a member of m4carbine and think it's a great site with a wealth of information. I've never asked about buffers :D but I have always been treated well.

In any case glad you enjoy INGO :ingo:

Well.. I guess "no useful info can be gotten there" is an overstatement.:rolleyes: I just was amazed how they appear to have their own little "group", and everyone else is just background noise.

Being new the the AR I can see it would be a waste to even consider asking any questions. I have thick skin, and can dish it back if needed, but it isn't worth the effort.

As far as enjoying INGO, well I came here with a question about a 10/22 mod I did and ended up where I am at now. 2 SR9's, 1 MkIII, 77/44, LCR, and an AR in 5.56 and a dedicated .22 upper. :n00b: I have gleened ALOT of useful info here.:yesway:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Well.. I guess "no useful info can be gotten there" is an overstatement.:rolleyes: I just was amazed how they appear to have their own little "group", and everyone else is just background noise.

Being new the the AR I can see it would be a waste to even consider asking any questions. I have thick skin, and can dish it back if needed, but it isn't worth the effort.

As far as enjoying INGO, well I came here with a question about a 10/22 mod I did and ended up where I am at now. 2 SR9's, 1 MkIII, 77/44, LCR, and an AR in 5.56 and a dedicated .22 upper. :n00b: I have gleened ALOT of useful info here.:yesway:

Agreed and not only info, but practical help if needed. I recently bought a Saiga 12 and shared it on the forum. I was honored and humbled at how many offered to help with a conversion. :ingo:

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I am a member at M4Carbine, but I haven't posted much there. I usually just post pictures and search for info when I have a question. Doesn't seem like a "bad" place. I have been privileged enough to find some pretty useful info, but internet forums are going to be internet forums. There are always some people that think they know everything and use their anonymity to blast others while showing their superiority on the topic. As for INGO, I have been presently surprised with the interactions I have had in the last several months on here. I have met members in person and everyone I have had the honor of encountering has been a really stand up person. Unfortunately all forums can't be like that.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Sometimes, folks get upset when questions get typed onto forums, that should have been typed in a google search.

If somebody started a new thread about "1/7 or 1/9, whats the difference?" I would probably roll my eyes too...

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    I hate internet gun forum snobs. Likely these were the same fellas asking the "dumb questions" a year ago. Most guys new to gun forums are also a bit new to the internet period I.E. doing searches and the like. Help em out I say:ingo:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd probably roll my eyes too.

I wouldn't type up a bunch of venom, though.

Well, maybe I would - but I would not hit send. ;)

There was a post on this board a little while back. In the post the author used the word 'whilst' like three times in one paragraph. I type up a zinger reply and read it before I clicked send.
    I thought, "man, I know I'm an a-hole, but I don't need to be this way" so I hit delete.

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    I'd probably roll my eyes too.

There was a post on this board a little while back. In the post the author used the word 'whilst' like three times in one paragraph. I type up a zinger reply and read it before I clicked send.
    I thought, "man, I know I'm an a-hole, but I don't need to be this way" so I hit delete.

Whilst replying, you changed your mind? ;)

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    You can't help the fact that some people including myself sometimes can't find the info their looking for. It happens, but I don't see the need to rip their you know whats because they're curious. :dunno:

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    You can't help the fact that some people including myself sometimes can't find the info their looking for. It happens, but I don't see the need to rip their you know whats because they're curious. :dunno:

^THIS^ If all you want to do is impress your small group of followers with your useless drivel why start a website?

EVERYONE has to start somewhere, and I am one who has started from complete ignorance as far as AR's are concerned, but I want to learn. I guess I'm just not embarrased to admit it.:rolleyes:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

sometimes I have to remind myself it's the internet, glad to realize im not the only one who does this...

the worst part is knowing after you spent 10 minutes typing a well thought out reply, that you will never get those 10 minutes back

Top Bottom