• Trust Kahr to go bang

• Total voters

Fastmover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Stepford...aka Fishers, IN
    Used to have a CW40. I loved the size and weight...but I couldn't for the life of me get used to the long suspenseful trigger pull.
    As such I wasn't comfortable shooting it so I sold it earlier this year and picked up a Sig P229.
    If Kahr made something slim but with a Sig DA/SA trigger...that would be something I'd buy in a heartbeat. :)

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Ive had 2, both shot like crap even after a 500 round breakin. About the only time I would trust me life to one is if the other guy was carrying it.

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    Yes, I would and do...carry an MK9 as one of my EDCs.

As for "you get what you pay for", I would not consider Kahr to be "cheap".

Mark

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've had a CW9 for a couple of years and it has been perfect right out of the box. Never had an issue.

However, beginning around the holidays, the Kahr owner's page started picking up some funky problems with the CW45. It has continued to grow to where more and more CW45 new owners are reporting major problems. Multiple posts are coming out on a daily basis.

I bought a new CW45 in February before I realized they had major problems. It took two trips back to Kahr, but as soon as it was fixed I sold it. What had me biting the carpet was Kahr CS telling me I should pay for the returns. When I asked for a human sacrifice they agreed to cover the shipping!

Silverado

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    I've had a CW9 for a couple of years and it has been perfect right out of the box. Never had an issue.

However, beginning around the holidays, the Kahr owner's page started picking up some funky problems with the CW45. It has continued to grow to where more and more CW45 new owners are reporting major problems. Multiple posts are coming out on a daily basis.

I bought a new CW45 in February before I realized they had major problems. It took two trips back to Kahr, but as soon as it was fixed I sold it. What had me biting the carpet was Kahr CS telling me I should pay for the returns. When I asked for a human sacrifice they agreed to cover the shipping!

Can you share what kind of problems the CW45 has? I've had one in the past and didn't have any problems, other than it sometimes ejected empty casings into my forehead. I was thinking about picking up another one. What Kahr owner's page are you referring to?

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I've owned a Kahr CW 9 for years and would trust it with my life. Great little gun never had any trouble with it digesting any thing I feed it.!

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I trust my PM9 with my life. I have never had one issue with it at all. I am still working on building up confidence with my P380.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I traded a gun for a CW45 from a guy on here. The magazine would fall out before the last round, easy fix and has been flawless since. Now my EDC. Might go shoot tommorow, got a PF-9 for a BUG I need to put thru the paces.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Silverado - it is not one specific problem. However, lots of trigger bars being replaced. Also reports of failure to go into battery. The site is KahrTalk.

It seems that eventually the majority of problems get corrected. However, it may take a few trips back and forth to do it. What put me off was Kahr CS telling me I should pay to have a brand new pistol, that was a dud right outta the box, sent in for repair. That, and having to put $100 worth of ammo thru it before I could send it back.

There are companies that make pistols that work before they are shipped and offer complete CS if that is not the case. Those are the ones I like to support.

AF Gunner

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    North East, Indiana
    I have two. In fact I have the 5th that's right 5th MK9 that came off the line. I love my kahr's and they are my lightweight go too in the summer. Well the P40 is. The all steel MK is pretty heavy.

Top Bottom