• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Brookside Park
    No, I would not. I don't drink, don't smoke and don't do drugs.
    But I would give up my 2A rights for 2 billion dollars and a Big Mac.
    I would then hire a 24hr security detail and would not need guns outside of my home.

You wouldnt make it past day 1. Your security detail would know you were unarmed and rob you of your $2 billion...And maybe even your big mac.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Not saying I would or wouldn't... would prefer not to, but if I'm riding the cancer train and chemo/radiation/whatever is kicking my ass? I'd certainly give it some thought.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    By nature of the meaning of "RIGHTS" I would say they need to change this all so that you can partake in any state legalized activity and still maintain your rights, all of them. What if you get arrested due to a passenger who happens to be holding without you knowing, are you then targeted to lose your 2nd amendment rights as well?

I feel like this is another backdoor plan to strip more Americans of their rights. "Unintentional consequences", I believe, in Washington read as : "Main goal"

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Stoned and voluntarily disarmed, what a combination. I wonder how that barter would work for any of the rest of the Bill of Rights? As for the image accompanying the linked article, I'd leave the pot leaf there and take the Beretta 92 Inox.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I won't even trade my guns for money...unless that money can immediately be turned into more (and better) guns than I had before. And then I'd at least retain one fully loaded one to defend the $ I just got until said guns are acquired.

Now...if in need...I might trade some ammo for bacon.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    No freakin' way. And here's what the ATF has to say about FFL's selling guns to medical marijuana users.

http://www.atf.gov/files/press/rele...all-ffls-marijuana-for-medicinal-purposes.pdf

I wonder how the ATF would respond if the referenced cannabis users were the limited group of people who received "medicinal cannabis" directly from the federal government under very controlled conditions. Would those people then be restricted from owning guns or ammunition...

Gunner

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I think the better question is when will the Fed decriminalize? While the good ole' boys love their weed, booze, and guns most wouldn't be willing to trade one for another. Ending the war on drugs or at least removing Marijuana from the list seems like the most likely scenario's going forward. If/when that happens the next question will be how is it classified, stimulant/depressant, both, or neither. With any of those classifications it could still be used to deny you your second amendment rights. This tight rope walk that's being done amuses me, what amuses me even more is that people think others would trade an alienable right for a privilege. I don't care if you were trading the alienable right to pick your nose for the privilege of being a millionaire. They can always take a privilege away, and likely will. Pick your nose a poor man!

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    No , cause if i traded i can not protect myself from criminals with a plant unless they wanted it real bad.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Even if it were possible, would I trade my rights for drugs, or for that matter, for anything else?

You have a choice of answers. You can have "no" or "F*** no". Pick either one, I don't care which.

Hey anti-rights politicians! I have a different trade for you: Your anti-rights votes, which I'll trade you for a bucket of tar, a truckload of feathers, and a ride out of town on a rail. Do we have a deal?
    INGO wouldn't let me rep you-consider--it done! At 1st I thought some troll was fishing for "proof" to slander gun owners with on some post. The 2nd thought was, B.Franklin said "Those who surrender essential liberty for the illusion of security, deserve neither...", I can only imagine what he would think of this "trade"!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's already a fed violation to use marijuana and buy guns.
    True. The feds don't care about what state law is.

Or any other kinds of drugs, including caffeine which by definition is a stimulant.

"is an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance"
    Nope - not everything is classified as a "controlled substance".

No freakin' way. And here's what the ATF has to say about FFL's selling guns to medical marijuana users.

http://www.atf.gov/files/press/rele...all-ffls-marijuana-for-medicinal-purposes.pdf
    There's another thread about this.

I wonder how the ATF would respond if the referenced cannabis users were the limited group of people who received "medicinal cannabis" directly from the federal government under very controlled conditions. Would those people then be restricted from owning guns or ammunition...
    Why would the federal gov't be handing out illegal drugs? :dunno:

Until the ATF changes F4473 and their stance on ownership, nothing will change. This story is about IL wanting to heavy-handedly enforce federal laws to the extreme.

Top Bottom