Would you sell a gun b/c of their political views?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I think the difference is, buying surplus arms isn't contributing to the current political situation we as American gun owners are faced with.

Until MagPul completes a move, however, every magazine and part purchased from them supports the Colorado economy, and provides taxes that those opposed to us gladly spend.

Had Remington just pointed to the economic realities of moving such a large operation they might have gotten a pass, or faced a mild boycott until somebody decided that they forgave them. I believe that a lot of people are upset about the backroom cronyism that went down, though.

Good point, when Magpul decides to stay in CO, how many here will refuse to buy their products?

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Well, due to S&W's fiasco a few years ago, I refused to purchase any of their products - still don't have any. BUT that was their fault, the Remington situations is not of their making. I will if possible support those companies that chose to move out of their liberal states and relocate to state that support the 2nd amendment. I would never sell any firearm due to the company not relocating. First it has NO effect on their bottom line. They have already made their profit on any used gun. I only have a couple Remington guns. I probably would buy a new one if the price was right and it was a gun I wanted - but only if one of the other companies that had moved did not offer a similar arm. Like many others that collect, I have arms from Many countries whose politics I do not like at all, but in my opinion I do/did not support them by purchasing a used firearm.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    I will continue to support ALL American firearms company's.

If you refuse to now YOUR the one selling out!

Jimmy

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How many of you saying that Remmington "sold out" work at places with "no gun" policies. Quit your job.

....I guess you sold out too.

Are any of you ready to supply jobs to the Remington employees who would lose their's?

Must be nice to have such a simplistic view of the way the world works. Makes self-righteousness all the easier.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    How many of you saying that Remmington "sold out" work at places with "no gun" policies. Quit your job.

Are any of you ready to supply jobs to the Remington employees who would lose their's?

Must be nice to have such a simplistic view of the way the world works. Makes self-righteousness all the easier.

I am the truth, the light, the WAY! :cool:

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!

Very well put, I agree. Also why don't you who want to boycott meet
    face to face with these American workers and tell them you want them
    to be unemployed.

Jimmy

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I'm going to go shoot ALL of my Remington ammunition. :)

I don't get why all the gun companies are in gun hating states. NY, IL and the like. ??????????

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    So, if Remington can get all the IRS, EPA, Zoning board, HSA and other approvals that may take a year or two, and build a building, and purchase more machining equipment, and actually be able to open another manufacturing facility, all is golden?

Of course, unlike gm (Government commie Motors) they have to do it on their own money. So to help that happen, we all boycott Remington?

I guess an anti USA country like turkey will step up and import firearms to fill the void. That way the profits can be used to fund more Anti USA activities, and kill more US soldiers.

NO manufacturing facility can thrive in Communist environments. The government mandated parasitic overheads continue to grow until the parasite kills the host. I am sure Remington wants to get out from under the blood sucking thieves in NY.

Remember, It is Remington who underwrites the biggest share of the National Shooting Sports Foundation. They are the ones who have supplied printed materials for free for multiple hunter education courses (and multiple GENERATIONS). They are the ones that will help with child safety programs any time you ask. They are the ones who pay for the ammo for the First SHots Training program. People sitting behind keyboards at home do not have access to all the information of what it takes to run the business, how can we condem them? What has glock ever done for our sport and rights? They are fat with gov contracts, how important is our Constitution to them?

Some are doing the same things the the horrible woman, jane fonda did during Vietnam. She purposely hurt soldiers because she was mad at the Government. The stinking government is what made these laws, not Remington. They are a victim both of the gov and economic realities. Why are we throwing them under the bus?

PS, I am not even a Remington Fan, I like Winchesters, but fair is fair.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom