Would you really want to live in a post Apocolyptic World?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you want to live in an end of the world senario?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    In all honesty given my location and lack of BOL I couldn't sustain it forever but doing every thing I can to "make it" for my family is better than the alternative no matter how hard.

My biggest fear is getting to my son when SHTF. We are only 15 miles apart but during a SHTF deal that 15 miles is going to be a b!tch especially with a 4 year old.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    As it stands, the question could be taken two ways "want to live in a post Apocolyptic world" could mean either then rather than now or it could mean live rather than die.

For the former: while one might imagine some benefit to wiping away current society and living hand-to-mouth on ones own efforts, I think the first tooth abscess, inflamed appendix, or gall bladder attack might change the balance of that benefit in a hurry.

For the latter anyone who'd rather die than deal with the "difficulty" of such a world could really stand to man up. Look; any kind of "collapse of civilization" is going to, at most, drive things down to a situation that was the norm for most of history. If most of people in those times could deal with it then it can be dealt with. So deal. Pretty simple equation really.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Curiously I had the same thought when I read the poll question. Perhaps that's inflenced by the some critics of people who prepare for emergencies, claiming they somehow want the world to come to an end.

Since the questions seems to be, assuming the world is in bad shape, do I still want to live? The answer to that question is an unequivocal "yes." As long as there is life, there is hope.

As it stands, the question could be taken two ways "want to live in a post Apocolyptic world" could mean either then rather than now or it could mean live rather than die.

For the former: while one might imagine some benefit to wiping away current society and living hand-to-mouth on ones own efforts, I think the first tooth abscess, inflamed appendix, or gall bladder attack might change the balance of that benefit in a hurry.

For the latter anyone who'd rather die than deal with the "difficulty" of such a world could really stand to man up. Look; any kind of "collapse of civilization" is going to, at most, drive things down to a situation that was the norm for most of history. If most of people in those times could deal with it then it can be dealt with. So deal. Pretty simple equation really.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I wouldn't want to live through it, but as a father, I couldn't stand to watch my kids starve to death before my eyes, which is why I prepare. Not so much for myself as for my family.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Based on some of the above comments, if the question is living vs. being dead, I would always prefer to be alive. If the question is more "would I prefer a post apocalyptic world to the current state of being then I say maybe. It would depend a lot on the world. If it is a scenario where say the world's poplulation is reduced by 60% and we are returning to a simpler way of life, that's one thing. If you are talking a world where life is coming to an end and I will only last for as long as my supplies hold out then that is another.

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    As a Christian, I believe I wont still be here in this type of scenario, but if I am, I hope I get the opportunity to harvest a zombie or two. or a dozen. or a thousand.

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    I will try my best to meet the good people left and we could look after each other. The bad guys will be doing the same thing.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Without hesitation, YES, I would want to live in a post apocalyptic world. Hardship is not an issue for me. As a leader-servant, I feel it is my DUTY to lead people out of the darkness and rebuild my neighborhood, my community, my country and my world. I would want to play a part of that. I would want my children to be part of that. I am raising them for that goal. The skills they are building now would give them a huge advantage in a post SHTF world. We are a family of survivors. Someone has to do it.

Z350Godfather

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    Southside Indy
    I have thought about this for some time now. On one side, I don't want to see scenarios come to fruition that are in, for example, the novel Lights Out. On the other hand, that novel got me into being a survivalist. So knowing that I am prepared for that type of scenario is something that I'm curious how I would do. But with a 5 month old little girl now, I'd hate for her to go through something like that.

I guess it's always better to be prepared for a situation like that and not be sure if it’s coming (though I believe it is), then to have it happen, and not be prepared at all.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have had this conversation with friends and am always surprised when they say no.

I am a survivor and will take what comes. May not survive it but I would try.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You've got it easy!

In all honesty given my location and lack of BOL I couldn't sustain it forever but doing every thing I can to "make it" for my family is better than the alternative no matter how hard.

My biggest fear is getting to my son when SHTF. We are only 15 miles apart but during a SHTF deal that 15 miles is going to be a b!tch especially with a 4 year old.
    My son lives 2 hrs from me Thats why I'd try to get as much supples to him or die trying. That would also mean that if I got to him and his family I would also be the one to stay behind and "hold them off" while they make there escape if the situation arose.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    cant say i would want to, but i am not going to just lay down and die either though. i will do whatever i can to survive in any situation and to keep my family safe.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    If you thought about it, the Middle Ages would have been "post apocolyptic" as far as Europe was concerned. I voted yes, I don't intend giving up on life yet!

dlsjoquist

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    After something like that - all the liberals will want to hang around us!! Probably take half the ammo in my safe to keep 'em away from the front door!!
    :ar15:
    :D

Top Bottom