• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you CC where signs are posted if you feel in some degree of a danger.

• Total voters

HD_darla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    So hypothetically speaking would you carry where its posted no guns?

I was in a discussion with my father and he believes most people will not carry, even if they feel in danger. I beg to differ, I think most people will chose to CC if they feel a strong enough need to. I decided we'd let INGO be the final voice. :)

I don't care if you wanna post and say why or why not. I just wanted to create a poll for this. I myself go with the cliche but true saying "I'd rather be judged by twelve, than carried by six".

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    You would never see me carrying guns where a no gun sign is posted.

They would be well concealed.

If you want to test me, look for me at Victory Field next season. I'll be the guy standing inside the gate while some bozo security guard rummages through my wife's purse. You won't see hers either.

Gun free zones have been demonstrated time and again to be dangerous, even deadly.

I always do my best to ensure I am never in a zone free of firearms.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    No "OC Anyway" option?

Depending on what/where, I'll either conceal or go somewhere else. Only disarm when required by law.

Oh, and if I feel like I would be in danger - I WOULD NOT GOT THERE.

CtWest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Here
    Stays well hidden, a BG will always be lerking, especially if they know someone can't defend themselves...

HD_darla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    No "OC Anyway" option?

Depending on what/where, I'll either conceal or go somewhere else. Only disarm when required by law.

Oh, and if I feel like I would be in danger - I WOULD NOT GOT THERE.

Sorry It didn't cross my mind since that was not part of the original conversation haha. And I agree, if I feel as if I would be in danger, I nor my father would go there but we still disagree'd in terms of the question.

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I carry everywhere no matter what (except where illegal). I took my wife to the AMC theater the other day was carrying. My wife pointed out their no weapons signs and we just laughed.

"NO FIREARMS" SIGNS DESIGNATES A DANGEROUS PLACE. AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED THERE'S MORE REASON TO CARRY!!!!!!!

CtWest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Here
    I carry everywhere no matter what (except where illegal). I took my wife to the AMC theater the other day was carrying. My wife pointed out their no weapons signs and we just laughed.

I always carry where I know I'll be in a poorly lit area!! Don't give a crap what the sign says!!

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    remember....if you choose to carry in a no gun zone...or thinking of doing so, when you look at the stipulation on having a CCL it states you must remain a lawful citizen.

Meaning if you get caught...you could lose your CCL for good.

Is that worth risking?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Remember a no firearms sign carries no weight in Indiana, you must be asked to leave, if not then you face trespassing charges.

So my answer is yes because no matter how safe a place you think it is, something bad can happen or go wrong.

HD_darla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    remember....if you choose to carry in a no gun zone...or thinking of doing so, when you look at the stipulation on having a CCL it states you must remain a lawful citizen.

Is that worth risking?

This was in our discussion, and the main reason my dad feels the way he does. My argument was worst case scenario, that if I'm dead, it did me no good remaining a "lawful citizen".

CtWest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Here

Is that worth risking?

Sign does not constitute law. Worst they can do is ask you to leave.

Top Bottom