• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 204john

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Greenfield

most generally just the sight and the sound of the hammer coming back is enough but Remember "He who hesitates is lost" if you have to pull it be prepared to use it. (Hope you never need too)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Several years ago I fired a .32 S&W Long at an empty 55 gallon drum from about 10 yards away. I hit it, that was good. The bullets bounced off, that was bad. They came back so slow I could have moved out of the way if needed***, I'm gonna say, good? I wouldn't have tried to catch the smashed bullet bare-handed, but with leather gloves you could have caught the ricochets. Better than a rock, but not by much.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Carry what you feel comfortable with. Many times I carry a 32 acp pistol, just because I am armed and yet it is small and light. In the summer when in shorts, t-shirt, with sandles, a 32 acp pistol is small enough to carry with out being uncomfortable. I'm not an open carry guy, so I prefer to keep it concealed untill it is needed.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I have read the other posts lately about 22lr and the .25 ACP I was wondering what your thoughts on a 32 S&W long would be out of a 3" barrel. The gun is a Rossi Model 69, it has been reliable so far, so I am comfortable carrying it. But it is also the only handgun I have. Can it penetrate bone? Go through someones arm and hit their chest? Effective in the chest or head?

It does seem to be able to go through wooden posts good enough.

I have a "friend" who was shot 5 times, with a .32 cal. revolver... Now I will tell you, that one bullet hit him in the chest, and hit his wallet, and did NOT break the skin, and one hit him in the face, around his upper cheek bone, did NOT penetrate, and he still has the bullet in his face ..... I do NOT know, where the other 3 bullets hit him .....

Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County
    32 ACP (not S&W) has an average, One Shot Stopping Power percentage of around 59% with a penetration of 9.9 inches, while a 25 ACP has an average of 24.6% and a penetration of 10". (I know you can't average an average but I did) :D
    That's according to Handloads.com

Carry the 32 S&W :twocents:

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    Should make a sticky out of this topic, something simple like,

Doesn't matter what the caliber is, if it's all you have access to, carry it!! Anything is better than nothing.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Well it does fire .380 Auto ( I kept one of the cartridges ) but does jam a couple times per box of 50. So I guess it isn't 38 super if they are not interchangeable.
    I didn't buy the ammo, they just had the ammo, and said it's a 38 * but ammo was .380 auto on the box *
    I know it is a Tanfoglio, but the only thing I could find online was the Tanfoglio EAA Witness thing in 38 super.
    So if they are not interchangeable, then I was looking at the wrong gun online. It seems there isn't that much info on Tanfoglio? I don't have the gun, so I can't look for model numbers. I just know what it fires, the brand, and the color. The EAA Witness looked identical.:D

There is a great deal of difference between a 380 and 38 Super. I shoot both and their is little chance of confusing the two in my opinion. Make sure of what you have.

Tanfoglio T95 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tanfoglio GT380

Genitron Site Search

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Thanks guys!

Also yep, its the GT380. Had a hard time finding that on Google, I kept coming up with the T95 Witness. Thank's for the website, makes a good tool for future reference. I have never shot a 38 super.

As for as the two accounts of a wallet stopping the bullet, and the bullet bouncing off the metal drum. I hope that doesn't happen to me :D. I do have plenty of steel and poly 55/33 gallon drums. I will put it to the test when I get time.

And again, I was not asking would you carry a 32 or nothing. Of course I will carry it, cause it's what I have right now. I was saying, there are other guns in similar price ranges. Like the Tangfolia Gt380 which looks like it sells used for 200, or the high point c9, which sells new for ~120, or look for another revolver. Should I try to get one of these, or should I stick with carrying the reliable 32 that I have, and save up. And it looks like the 32 is an alright gun for self defense.
    Thanks again everyone!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    There is not enough difference between the .32 and a .380 to justify buying one. I am relying on reports from the days in which Evan Marshall's statistics were largely taken as gold standard in which actual use of the two produced very similar results according to the corpses surveyed. The development of better bullets has done much to help weaker calibers in recent years even as their popularity has dwindled. As far as I am concerned, do not buy another gun smaller than a .38 special or a 9mm. There just isn't enough gain in performance to justify it.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Carried a Walther PP in 7.65 (32ACP) a number of years ago loaded with Winchester Silvertips and did not feel under armed by any means. The 32 can be used effectively, just ask the millions of it's victims in WWII. :twocents:
    I too carried a PP in 7.65/Winchester Silver Tips for 20 years. I'm blessed to have never needed it. But, with 8 in the magazine and one in the pipe, I never felt under armed. Heck, I though THAT was high capacity.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    True enough, but I prefer a locked breech weapon that relies on engineering and metallurgy rather than sheer mass. Besides, the way the thing is built, I would imagine that it is very difficult to conceal compared with a 1911.
    I am a big guy and have relied on shear mass all my life:D
    You are right about concealment though! I might just about as well try and conceal a Hi Point carbine!

Top Bottom