• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    The first time I shot sporting clays you had to have a trapper walk with you to throw the targets, they would try to get four or five guys in a group. Me and my buddy got teamed up with a couple guys that had more money in their shotguns than I did in my pick up truck. They had golf carts, the Beretta shooting vests and gloves. I was pretty intimidated because I was carrying my shells in a 5-gallon bucket around the course. They never once looked down their noses at me. In fact most of the guys I have ran into shooting Sporting Clays (and Trap for that matter) have always been friendly and helpful. I started shooting an 1100 and about wore it out. Have had several over/unders and now shoot a Beretta 391.

Exactly, people "see" what they are looking for.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    The first time I shot sporting clays you had to have a trapper walk with you to throw the targets, they would try to get four or five guys in a group. Me and my buddy got teamed up with a couple guys that had more money in their shotguns than I did in my pick up truck. They had golf carts, the Beretta shooting vests and gloves. I was pretty intimidated because I was carrying my shells in a 5-gallon bucket around the course. They never once looked down their noses at me. In fact most of the guys I have ran into shooting Sporting Clays (and Trap for that matter) have always been friendly and helpful. I started shooting an 1100 and about wore it out. Have had several over/unders and now shoot a Beretta 391.
    You would be getting some looks from me with your fancy-boy high dollar 5 gallon buckets. WTF? I use the square cat crapper sand buckets. They stack better. Don't roll because they are not round. Easy to divide in half to keep 2 different loads on hand. Hold 300+ rounds. Cost me nothing.

No fancy boy 5 gallon buckets for me.

JohnR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Hancock county
    You would be getting some looks from me with your fancy-boy high dollar 5 gallon buckets. WTF? I use the square cat crapper sand buckets. They stack better. Don't roll because they are not round. Easy to divide in half to keep 2 different loads on hand. Hold 300+ rounds. Cost me nothing.

No fancy boy 5 gallon buckets for me.
    Heck I have moved up since those days, I have my very own shot bag!

kb66

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have shot a Remington 870 since I was 12 and I still have the first gun I ever bought with my own money when I was 15, an 870 Wingmaster 12 ga. I got an 1187 a few years ago for skeet shooting and couldn't hit anything with it but could break them well with my 870, turns out the 1187 didn't have the same drop at the comb and it just didn't fit me. So I always loved my 870 until my son bought a Browning Cynergy 12 ga. That thing is the sweetest shooting gun I have ever shot.

I know you said you didn't want to spend much but it is really amazing how nice those more expensive guns are. I thought my son over paid for it until I shot it and I have to say that it was worth every penny.

Top Bottom