• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Yes, just because he is about to loose them doesnt mean he doesnt know what they are worth.... Is this a spoof thread?

Not a spoof. Unfortunately. It just got me wondering. The firearms are not involved in the alleged crime but from what I understand there are plenty. I'm actually dreading the follow up news story that labels him as a crazy gun nut. Then I thought, "huh, I wonder if he will be having a fire sale." Then I heard opportunity knocking....

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    370   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    A quick sale, which would be necessitated by a conviction or whatever, definitely would support a discount. Like anything else, if the collection would take a month to sell normally but has to be gone in a week, a discount is needed.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't see anything wrong with it. Part of what an item is "worth" is how long you are willing to wait to sell it and how badly you need to sell it. Why would it be wrong?

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Let's see here…..make an insulting offer to a violent convicted felon….

Sometimes I wonder if people think things through.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    To make a lowball offer on a guys collection if he is likely to be convicted of a violent felony? Let's assume this person is not a friend but an aquaintance....

I'm no shrink, but it sounds as if you are asking permission to do something you might consider on the edge of unethical?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    At first I was leaning this way. Nothing wrong with seeing if the guy was willing to turn them over for some cash. I don't know about taking advantage of somebody but if they guy was willing to trade.....
    I don't see anything wrong with it. Part of what an item is "worth" is how long you are willing to wait to sell it and how badly you need to sell it. Why would it be wrong?
    Then I thought: I usually avoid doing business with less than trustworthy people. Why would I want this violent felon to ever feel a need to come back to me and second guess his prior trade.
    Let's see here…..make an insulting offer to a violent convicted felon….

Sometimes I wonder if people think things through.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I said there was nothing wrong with it....I didn't say it was smart.

I don't know anything about that. All "violent felons" are not equally "bad" or dangerous.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    I don't see a problem with it, it's just business no feelings allowed.

And getting the guns away from a possible violent felon (everyone's innocent until proven guilty) sounds like a win win to me.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Every scenario is different. Only you can answer it. I see no problem with it but I don't know the circumstances. Be safe in whatever you do. If he knows you it could complicate things.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Honestly, if you can, send him an email or something.

Be honest and say that you've heard that he may very well be up a crap creek without a paddle. And, if that's so, that you may be willing to help him out with his firearms collection if it comes to that. Tell him that you can't afford to pay "retail" prices but that if he needs to get rid of them quickly and legally that you'd like to help.

-J-

Top Bottom