• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you use a INGO-dedicated chat room?

• Total voters

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    We've tried integrating chat with INGO a few times in the past and it has always sucked. It gets lightly used at first, and then after a few days no one uses it again. It's way more trouble than it's worth.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Just don't visit the status update thread.

Problem solved.

Ok, here is the thing I've explained a few times. I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE THREAD.

BUT, when it comes to the ENTIRE INGO website, these threads have been known to be a "problem" with nightly jobs running on the site.

This is why the thread is split into three parts, it becomes cumbersome for the admins to manage.

That's all I'm saying, I like the status update thread.

Hopefully that'll clear up any confusion for the future readers of this thread.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Duly noted, I'll let this topic die off.

Ultimately, it's Fenway's decision anyway, not mine. I have no problem passing the request along to him. I was just trying to give you some history on the idea. Who knows? Maybe he'll be interested in trying it again.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I like IRC :D

But to get it to work you have to have a large group of people that will hang out there all the time. I used to do that in the past at a couple of channels. Many of them died because once people drop in a couple times and get no one else chatting or not the people they want to chat with, they stop checking in.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Ok, here is the thing I've explained a few times. I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE THREAD.

BUT, when it comes to the ENTIRE INGO website, these threads have been known to be a "problem" with nightly jobs running on the site.

This is why the thread is split into three parts, it becomes cumbersome for the admins to manage.

That's all I'm saying, I like the status update thread.

Hopefully that'll clear up any confusion for the future readers of this thread.

Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    ah, IRC... gives me an excuse to fire up the ol botnet, channel takeovers riding in server splits, spoofed IPs and cloned servers... ahhh, the good ol days lol

Top Bottom