• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Not the worst gun I ever bought, but the worst I ever shot was a S&W Bodyguard rental. It had a DA trigger pull about as long as a football field. I've pleasantly shot other 380 guns, but the Bodyguard was a snappy little monster with a trigger that wasn't for me. Better than a rock or a stick I suppose, but three rounds was enough.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Chinese SKS back in the 90's... total POS.
    I sold it, bought an AR and never looked back.

I had a Walther P22 that was not very accurate and was very picky about ammo.
    I sold it, and bought a Ruger SR22. Very nice gun, eats everything, and has never jammed.

gncc600

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Lafayette
    You expect Hi Points, Jennings, etc.... to be bad when you buy them. Some of the replies are a little surprising. I see Ruger a lot and a hell of a lot of Kel-Tecs.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Para Ordnance LTC 1911. Was a FTF and FTE piece of S***. Also would fire a round with the thumb safety on. Sent back to Para Ordnance and they totally rebuilt the gun for free. Sold it the following week after I got it back.

tobi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    IverJohnson .22 revolver (40 yrs ago - don't remember the model) - threw more lead out the side than down the barrel

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Taurus 85 5 shot .38. The charge holes were soooooooooo over-sized factory JHPs were KEYHOLING @21 feet! PIECE OF CRAP. I realize I could have made the factory replace the cylinder under warranty but at that point I felt I could never trust the turd again. Never bought any foreign knock-off revolvers again after that. My first and last Taurus.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I've never had a "name brand" firearm that was a true piece of crap. Not counting, of course, the pot metal "ring of fire" semi-autos and derringers that most of us glom on to once or twice at some point in our gun owning careers. I really can't even complain about the few Taurus products I have purchased over the years.

I did buy a Ruger Mini-14 back in the 90s that I wasn't thrilled with, and I am a Ruger fan. Carrying a Ruger revolver today, in fact. It wasn't awful, but definitely not confidence inspiring.

I also had a Beretta Tomcat that was borderline sketchy; again, not a POS, but it did not inspire trust.

Maybe I have been lucky. :)

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Winchester Model 100 (I know this is the Handgun section, but you stated "Gun"). Semi Auto in .243. FTF, FTE, FTF, Blow Primers out of the Case Ect, Ect, Ect................. I tried 3 different ammo Mfg's with bad Results. Traded it in on a Browning A5 12 Ga, 3" Mag that still resides in my Safe today.

DennisTheMenace

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Another POS Kel Tec PF9 story here! Went back to the factory once, was still picky as hell on ammo and I finally traded it in on a Beretta 9mm Nano. That Nano was picky too so I traded that in on my new summer carry, a S&W airweight 38spcl. Couldn't be happier with that gun. Winter is coming so I'm back to carrying my G19 which has never had a malfunction of any kind.

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    I don't own to many! But the second worst I ever carried was an older 1911A1. It was mostly Colt when I got it issued to me you could just about shake the thing and it would disassemble itself after you released the upper. The worst worst was an M60. It would shake apart in your hand and you had to wear a glove and hold the barrel and release mechanism so it wouldn't eject the Barrel while firing.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom