• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeMumz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    what would "except validly licensed hand guns" mean? I was reading a brochure from a state park i was thinking of visiting this weekend and this is in there. Are they talking about a person and not the actual handgun? In Indiana you dont license handguns indvidually correct?

cak387

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Kokomo
    Just curious, but what state park are you headed to? I OC'ed at the Indiana Dunes State Park earlier in the summer (which was my first time OC) and never even got a second look, even from the DNR, but when I left, my girlfriends grandfather asked them about it and they said it was strictly forbidden??? :dunno:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    what would "except validly licensed hand guns" mean? I was reading a brochure from a state park i was thinking of visiting this weekend and this is in there. Are they talking about a person and not the actual handgun? In Indiana you dont license handguns indvidually correct?
    When I got my first LTCH, over forty years ago, the license actually stated that the person named on the license could carry any handgun:
    Registered with the State Police and their local Police department.
    Back then Departments even handed out business cards with "Registered Handgun" information on them.
    The wording was changed when it was pointed out to The State Police that there was no firearms registration law in Indiana.
    Mike

Top Bottom