• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My father, INGO member lwilli, created these. He has made tissue boxes for various people, and created the candle holder, which hangs in his house now.

Wanting to make a project more gun related, he's currently in the process of designing a fancy wooden ammo box and a gun box.

027.jpg

020.jpg

f0cea91b.jpg

7f76fddf.jpg

mombox.jpg

004-1.jpg

006-2.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Wow! Those are really nice! Your pop has some talent. Can't wait to see what he turns out for an ammo box.

How does he do those cut-outs? The scroll work and routered bits I kind of understand, but I've never figured out how to do cut-outs like that. Love the look of those finger joints, too.

My father-in-law is a big-time woodworker. We have a desk and a side-table he made for us a while back. He has been into bowl turning for a few years, and we have TONS of his stuff around the house. A retired guy with a wood lathe is a dangerous thing.... I'll see if I can dig up some pics.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    eldirector;1714823 How does he do those cut-outs? The scroll work and routered bits I kind of understand said:
    If you are talking about the designs inside, I am assuming he drilled a hole and dropped the blade thru and reconnected it to the arm on a scroll saw. That's how we used to do it anyways. Can be very time consuming depending on drops obviously

crawfish

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    south indy
    Nice work is it all hand scroll work or does he have a fancy machine that cuts out the image. A friend of mind use to make all kinds of scroll pieces by hand very time consuming then his wife got him this craftsman machine and it cuts it out and does all the work for him other than a few things and finish. Now he does really intersting pieces gun boxes and gun cabinets with inlays. Stepped his game up you could say. Let your father know his stuff looks great.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Wow! Those are really nice! Your pop has some talent. Can't wait to see what he turns out for an ammo box.

How does he do those cut-outs? The scroll work and routered bits I kind of understand, but I've never figured out how to do cut-outs like that. Love the look of those finger joints, too.

My father-in-law is a big-time woodworker. We have a desk and a side-table he made for us a while back. He has been into bowl turning for a few years, and we have TONS of his stuff around the house. A retired guy with a wood lathe is a dangerous thing.... I'll see if I can dig up some pics.

If you are talking about the designs inside, I am assuming he drilled a hole and dropped the blade thru and reconnected it to the arm on a scroll saw. That's how we used to do it anyways. Can be very time consuming depending on drops obviously

This. He does it all by hand. It takes a lot of time to do it. But he's very patient. Being a machinist for over 40 years does that to you ;)

Top Bottom