• ...and so much more!
  • Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    My kid, getting spoiled by a match rifle with a 2 ounce trigger and awesome optics...Thanks to Jay. Dammit.

RangeDaywithJayBeall043.jpg

My son wanted to know how old your daughter is???

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Child labor = cheaper ammo!!!

From the press....
    reloading002.jpg

To the mags...
    Jennaammo.jpg

They now demand to work indoors due to the weather.... you would think they were union....???

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    This is my youngest with her new pink cricket .22. She just got the cricket on her 5th birthday (last week) because she wanted her own gun to shoot at the range... She was tired of shooting her mother's pink Walther P22. (also in the picture) What can i say... My wife and daughter really like pink.

I think this may be how Annie Oakley started... My little girl does hit what she aims at.
    mayacricketye0.jpg

The Bersa Thunder 380 in the picture was being broken in for my other daughter's 18th birthday, later this month. (50 confidence rounds)

P.S. Part of the gun safety protocols used in our house is that we do not allow any toy guns or BB guns. This is to eliminate any confusion between play things and "deadly real" things. There is no amount of "gun play" that will prepare a kid for firearms.

Last edited:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Thanks Pami.

I just had to throw this pic up here. My daughter has been shooting at the range for the last 4 months (her mother's P22 with assistance). She had to show the maturity and self-control needed to be in the range.

She started asking for her own gun about a month before her birthday, so we finally let her pick one out. (It had to be a single shot rifle for a beginner.)

Everyone at the range is always amazed at her poise in a place like that. She is always obedient about the range rules and takes it all very seriously.

Last edited:

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    My daughter is 5 and is just starting with the bb gun. I agree that guns should not be treated as toys so I teach her gun safety with toy guns and she knows not to touch mine. She has been around guns her whole life and as far as she is concerned a bb gun is a real gun. She must wear safety glasses and only shoot with me present to help her. she askeed the other day to go out sometime soon and shoot some more cans.

Top Bottom