Wonder why Walmart has Ammo readily available now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    LOL, so true. When I go there, I have to track someone down with a key, then they have to track someone down who can sell it. Crazy! Butg not everything is open all night and I still try to buy local vs. online.

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    heh, I think everybody has been there at least once. The best part is that when you finally find an employee, they have no idea where the key to the ammo case is.

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    I think the last few times I've looked at ammo there, their prices are actually kinda high. 100 round packs of WWB 9mm for $23.95... No thanks. I can do better mail order or even local gun shops.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I love when you find an employee finally, and tell them how many of what you want and they reply "That is a lot!" Not sure how many times that happened when I was buying just 2 or 3 boxes (still under their limit policy if they still have it)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Not to take anything away from 21st Century because they are a great shop, but Walmart at Maysville is the only one in Fort Wayne that has A) good stock B) good price on Federal Champion (9mm specifically, but others too) C) last time I was there 2 employees asked me if I needed ammo within 1-2 minutes of me standing there in front of case. The lady who worked in Automotive told me the Sporting Goods Dept. Manager was a Veteran and tries to keep ammo stocked well. But on the other hand all other Walmarts in town totally suck in the ammo/employee willing to help you department! If I lived closer to 21st I wouldn't even waste my time with Wally World though. Just my 2 cents.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    My Walmart is great. The same guy must work every day 24x7 because he's always there. He knows me by now.

Meijer on the other hand is hopeless. No one ever asks you even if you camp out in front of the case. You're supposed to pick up the red phone if you need ammo. I tried that once and they said they would send someone back. I waited five minutes and then left.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    The best part is that when you finally find an employee, they have no idea where the key to the ammo case is.

I go often enough to know the guy with the key! If he's not there, but sees me coming, he generally follows me to the case. :D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If there is no one at the ammo counter, I do not hesitate to use the phone there to call and ask them to send someone to help me. They've only gotten pi**y with me once. The other times, it's either momentary confusion or amusement when they realize a non-employee is calling on an internal line. Help is then forthcoming.

Knuckle Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    NWI
    Portage is on top of it when I go there.
    Valpo usually requires the request for help but not really an issue for me.
    Merrillville location was the one I thought of when I read the title of this thread,...........my last encounter made me want to punch stuff. It took three different people to get the key for the case and then I wanted a spare key made, that required yet another person. This was last year so hopefully things have gotten better there.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I think the last few times I've looked at ammo there, their prices are actually kinda high. 100 round packs of WWB 9mm for $23.95... No thanks. I can do better mail order or even local gun shops.

Really? The last few gun shops I have been in had WWB around $29.95.. Unless it has gone up recently, the Beech Grove WalMart had it priced at $21.95

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    Not to take anything away from 21st Century because they are a great shop, but Walmart at Maysville is the only one in Fort Wayne that has A) good stock B) good price on Federal Champion (9mm specifically, but others too) C) last time I was there 2 employees asked me if I needed ammo within 1-2 minutes of me standing there in front of case. The lady who worked in Automotive told me the Sporting Goods Dept. Manager was a Veteran and tries to keep ammo stocked well. But on the other hand all other Walmarts in town totally suck in the ammo/employee willing to help you department! If I lived closer to 21st I wouldn't even waste my time with Wally World though. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks man. At least now I know there at least one decent Wally world to pick stuff up if I need to.

Top Bottom