GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    One could do that but wouldn't want to risk what might be added to the ingredients. Just like the gay couple that went to court to punish and force that bakery to make their cake. Just get over being offended and go somewhere else. So simple. I cannot say that if I were forced to bake a cake for someone like that, additives of an unpleasant sort would be under consideration... possibly. Hypothetically speaking of course.

Agreed. If it were me, if your money's green and you and I can fairly and respectfully strike a deal...I don't care what t-shirt you have on--even a Florida Gators shirt. If you come up with an attitude, wanting to be difficult, disrespectful, vulgar, offensive, I'm going to tell you to hit the bricks and do business where you'll get along with the owners better.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Agreed. If it were me, if your money's green and you and I can fairly and respectfully strike a deal...I don't care what t-shirt you have on--even a Florida Gators shirt. If you come up with an attitude, wanting to be difficult, disrespectful, vulgar, offensive, I'm going to tell you to hit the bricks and do business where you'll get along with the owners better.

Really? You have read my sig right? That's pushing it

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Making people feel like outsiders will only increase division. No different than the tow truck driver who refused service over a bumper sticker. Learn to disagree without demonizing.

Last edited:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Making people feel like outsiders will only increase division. No different than the tow truck driver who refused service over a bumper sticker. Learn to disagree with demonizing.
    Your last line made me laugh. Was that supposed to be a "without"?

I agree with BBI. While I support business owners rights to control their own business, I think refusals like this are a terrible idea. I prefer the response of the horse cop to the BLM guys who wanted a picture.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    Kut- we said the same thing in using different words. We both think they should not be allowed back. Rules are rules, laws are laws. Anything anyone says can be picked apart by anyone looking for something to pick it. I apparently stereotyped women which makes anything after that moot to you. The women with the shirt has done the same to the seller just because he's white and is a non supporter of the BLM methods, they are a racist who are trying to send us back in time. Wrong, they just use the platform they had to voice their opinion. It just so happens to be illegal to do so on public city owned property. So by your account her opinions after her stereotype of the seller is also moot? Thus ending the discussion all together?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kut- we said the same thing in using different words. We both think they should not be allowed back. Rules are rules, laws are laws. Anything anyone says can be picked apart by anyone looking for something to pick it. I apparently stereotyped women which makes anything after that moot to you. The women with the shirt has done the same to the seller just because he's white and is a non supporter of the BLM methods, they are a racist who are trying to send us back in time. Wrong, they just use the platform they had to voice their opinion. It just so happens to be illegal to do so on public city owned property. So by your account her opinions after her stereotype of the seller is also moot? Thus ending the discussion all together?

That's not correct, I would have stopped reading if that were so. I appreciate the contribution. However, you're making an assumption. You have no idea what this person would've done if the vendor was a black person. From my experience, odds are, there probably would've been escalation into an argument. That from my experiences, but I simply don't know what would've happened, and neither do you. However, I'm fairly confident that if the vendor had been black, the customer wouldn't have said "ok," walked away, and that being it end of it.

So I will ask again, what makes BLM movement racist, and who are they racist against?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Mmmm cake....

If it goes badly, I am picturing the the scene in fight club where Edward Norton beats himself up in the bosses office, except with a lot more cake.

If it goes well Kut is going to need to change his avatar to Jabba the Hut.

As long as I get sexy alien dancers, Carrie Fisher in a bikini (circa 1983- an important distinction) and a Rancor in my basement, I have no opposition.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Everyone got exactly what they wanted out of that interaction.
    The lady with the shirt
    The banned vendor
    The farmers' market

I suspect each person involved went home with a great deal of personal satisfaction and gratification.

They knew their role in the theatre, and played it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom