• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So you wouldn't refuse them service? Why not? Two posts ago you wrote that you would.

it all depends. This context was a farmer's market, meaning general commerce. I do not own the hospital where I practice and laws mandate I see every person who walks in the door. They would get seen, appropriate workup done to exclude emergencies and then they would leave.

if I owned a hot dog cart I would not sell them a hot dog. Surely with your advanced degrees you can see the difference, though admitting it first wouldn't let you be a jerk so I see why you didn't

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Is this thread still going on? Ridiculous!
    Would this still be going on if the vendor just had a little sign on her booth?

No Service to Racist Mother****ing Snowflakes
    I would have done the same thing she did. She shouldn't be ashamed for doing what is right even if it means getting fired.

I will not stand for racism of any kind. I don't get along with racists or *******s or rude people. I go out of my way NOT to be around them. I've had to do it for too many years while biting my tongue because of work.
    No more for me.
    I'm too old and crotchety to let people walk over others without getting in the middle of it.

We have way more important things to do in life than cater to a bunch of liberal racists looking for a free ride, cloaked by the guilt of some imaginary white privilege crap.

BLM= Toxic Souls. Generations of dark Hatred being pasted down. :(

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    laws mandate I see every person who walks in the door. They would get seen, appropriate workup done to exclude emergencies and then they would leave.

So you wouldn't refuse them service like you wrote that you would? That is comforting.

In my profession I have no idea who ultimately benefits from my work and I like it that way. That is one of the reasons why I don't run a hot dog cart.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So you wouldn't refuse them service like you wrote that you would? That is comforting.

In my profession I have no idea who ultimately benefits from my work and I like it that way.

dude, I can't take any more of you. Context twisting, general asshattery. enjoy your initials; I'm out

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Is this thread still going on? Ridiculous!
    Would this still be going on if the vendor just had a little sign on her booth?

No Service to Racist Mother****ing Snowflakes
    I would have done the same thing she did. She shouldn't be ashamed for doing what is right even if it means getting fired.

I will not stand for racism of any kind. I don't get along with racists or *******s or rude people. I go out of my way NOT to be around them. I've had to do it for too many years while biting my tongue because of work.
    No more for me.
    I'm too old and crotchety to let people walk over others without getting in the middle of it.

We have way more important things to do in life than cater to a bunch of liberal racists looking for a free ride, cloaked by the guilt of some imaginary white privilege crap.

BLM= Toxic Souls. Generations of dark Hatred being pasted down. :(

I have learned that no amount of discussion or posting is going to change any minds over the Internet, including mine. I believe my life matters and have taught my children the same. Please provide me an example of how you determine my soul to be toxic; how I'm a liberal and what free ride I've taken. These are simply mindsets people embrace to feel good about their position and I'm not falling for it. Some on this very site pass along more rudeness, hatred and misinformation than BLM and assume it's okay, and it is, because they are normally not confronted. I'm tired of sounding off for the rights of others as those very same individuals remain silent when others are abused. Like you, I will not remain silent when people are being waked over. Especially when part of my goal is to ensure its not me or my family.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just chilling checking in from Europe. I see the battle still is raging. Lol.

My mind probably won't be changed either based on the words of faceless internet personalities....Hell, according to uber contributor of relevant information , JDT, I don't even exist.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just chilling checking in from Europe. I see the battle still is raging. Lol.

My mind probably won't be changed either based on the words of faceless internet personalities....Hell, according to uber contributor of relevant information , JDT, I don't even exist.

How's the trip? Were you in Germany when the shooting happened?

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    In a private property instance, I'd agree. If working under the umbrella of a government event, on govt property, it most certainly isn't his rules.

Are you saying at this farmer's market on govt property ALL refusal of service by produce sellers based on the publicly displayed belief of a potential customer at the farmer's market should be banned WITHOUT EXCEPTION?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I guess I'd rather let the people who run ball game companies decide what their patrons want rather than dictate to them from the peanut gallery. I'd also rather have leaders who, if it turns out to be economically wise to invest tax dollars in ball game companies, are smart enough to set some conditions on those dollars up front so we aren't in the position of funding absurd positions.

again, JMHO but it is up to the patrons what the "Want" to see I would think.
    Use your wallet to make a statement. That works pretty well most times.

This is just another example of the divide we are seeing that starts on the hill and trickles down.
    Trickle down does work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom