• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    First off, this is a dupe. Original link https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...discussion/149764-school_counselors_rule.html

Secondly, everyone knows it is not the caliber but the shot placement that makes a difference. No where does it say how many times she shot him either. It says she told him she was going to get her money out of the night stand for him and pulled out the gun. Regardless, good for her.

Thirdly, the problem with 22s, from my understanding, is that they have to slow down enough to do damage. If you do not hit a vital organ or slow the bullet down enough to "bounce" around and hit organs it will have a lack of ability to stop the intruder.

Last edited:

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Ok, let's see if I can get this right this time. I'm trying, really i am. First, for the woman who fired in self-defense, I say "I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR!!! I'm afraid she had far more presence of mind than I would have had at that time, but I'm learning, slowly but surely, and breaking into this house would be an interesting feat. First you'd be met by my "first alarm group" the biggest head full of teeth you've ever seen, backed up by smaller ones, And let's just say our UPS driver won't deliver to our door anymore. LOL I now keep a .22 on hand for "home self-defense", but if it came right down to it, I'd go for the shotgun if I had the chance. I'm much handier with it, and more accurate. My Dr would have a fit tho, so the .22 is my best weapon of choice. I'm still in "training", so I'd probably empty the entire mag into him as well. She did well, far better than most of us (women beginners) could have, and I commend her spirit, and her sense of survival of the fittest!
    May the light at the end of your tunnel, always be one of hope!
    Bobbie
    PS: I get to try out a .380 hopefully this weekend, that should be fun. My dad had one that I sold to a cousin of mine several years ago. It was a .380 Savage, vintage 1911, USArmy Issue. But I couldn't rack the slide, so when and if I did try to use it as "scare tactics", in CA (yea, I know, but the laws were less stupid back then) it worked and I didn't get in trouble for it. Ever look out your window to find a man with his pants around his knees....yea, you know the rest. I don't care what Confusicus say, Man run Very Fast when gun is aimed there!

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Good for her. One down, too-many-thousands to go...

And 7th Stepper, I agree with the way you dealt with your peeping tom. I can still remember looking out the front window one night as my 225 pound, 6'4" Marine of a father chased a guy down the sidewalk in his underwear with a 6-inch .357.

Oddly enough, that guy never came back to peep in our windows.....

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    The only problem I know of with 22lr is misfires.

I have a little ruger mk iii. I know from experience. rimfires misfire.

good for her, a 22 makes a good "trigger time" weapon, its cheap to shoot.

but I wouldn't want to depend on it.

Top Bottom