• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    my buddy and i were literally the closest people to the dealer who accidentally discharged a firearm around 4:30pm friday other than the customer he was showing the gun to. we were about 3 feet away from him.

he was showing off his personal carry weapon, a glock. dropped the mag out of and without checking the chamber, proceeded to show the customer how to take off the slide, pulled the trigger, and boom. the bullet grazed the fleshy part of his hand, creating about a half inch deep gash. the round hit the floor and came to rest in a toolbox belonging to the vendor behind him. had he had the gun in his left hand instead of his right, the bullet would have hit either me, my buddy, or his baby in a stroller right next to him.

My buddy actually watched him do it, I was looking down at an AK on his table. I think my buddys reaction was the best, went something like this

**AD happens, dealer sets gun down, presses his hand to his shirt, and looks around in embarassment**

buddy-"sir, you just shot yourself in the hand, I am an EMT, do you need me to help you?"

AD guy-"no....no...im fine...."

buddy-"actually sir, you just shot your hand, youre not fine"

then the cops came and everyone was herded out of the area, just glad nobody was hurt, especially me.

**this line edited out due to failed attempt at a joke**

Last edited:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Moral of the story: glock fanboys, check your chamber

Oh no you didn't!

So you are trying to insinuate it had something to do with the fact it was a Glock and not that the knuckle head did not properly clear the weapon? :dunno:

:popcorn:

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    Oh no you didn't!

So you are trying to insinuate it had something to do with the fact it was a Glock and not that the knuckle head did not properly clear the weapon? :dunno:

:popcorn:
    calm down, fully aware, actually said the same thing to someone who actually insinuated it was the weapon.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Just real fortunate somebody did not seriously hurt or killed even.
    Glad your OK

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    It was a glock so everybody who was within a 15 foot radius should feel lucky they didn't go home with schrapnel wounds from an explosion.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    There was a baby in a stroller, very close to the ND. If that baby had been injured, you can bet there would have been an attempt to place a moratorium on gun shows, until a full investigation was complete. :rolleyes: It's not the patrons who ND every year, it's the vendors! :(

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Only for the professional!

There was a baby in a stroller, very close to the ND. If that baby had been injured, you can bet there would have been an attempt to place a moratorium on gun shows, until a full investigation was complete. :rolleyes: It's not the patrons who ND every year, it's the vendors! :(

That's because they are the highly skilled,well trained and experienced experts. Just ask one. And do not try this at home! :D

jordyman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    Spencer
    Why bash glocks, I totally think guns just blasting off in public places for touching them wrong is great. you know you never hear of a 6 shooter going off when your checking it. Thats why they are lame sauce

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Que just hit the bigger point on the head.

If we (as the gun culture) do not police our own, SOMEONE else will police us.

Why is there not a safety area for jacking with guns at the shows? A table with sand bag backstops? Sand barrels? Why has this not been done?

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    Why bash glocks, I totally think guns just blasting off in public places for touching them wrong is great. you know you never hear of a 6 shooter going off when your checking it. Thats why they are lame sauce
    Except for the vendor that shot off a round w/ his wheel gun a couple of shows back :rolleyes:...

Top Bottom