• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    Lafayette
    So I purchased a Vortex scope and when I installed it, well lets just say I didn't have an INCH LBS torque screwdriver and went a little tighter then necessary. So I contacted Vortex and they had me fill out the warranty form and ship it back. They replaced it no problem, no questions asked with a brand new one. Now I have 2 scope caps, 2 lens cleaning clothes and 2 44mm sun shades because they had me only ship back the scope. They were even kind enough to over night it back to me for free or I live close enough it only took one day. All I'm saying is that a company like this is willing to replace or repair any of there products even if it is due to myself or anyone else's goof's then I'll be buying more from them in the future. BTW Gander mountain would not return it or help because I did not purchase the warranty, guess I didn't need it. THANKS GANDER!!!!!! But all in all great customer service and great product warranty and support!!!!!!:yesway::yesway:

nobek102

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    That's nice to know... I'll give them some business... I don't understand how gander mountain stays in business with their high prices and poor service

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There are several out there. Though non-gun elated, I've had good luck with Wilson Electronics (cellphone amp) and RockAuto.com.

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    +1 for Vortex for sure. I own several of their products thanks to Alan at AA Optics. In fact I just bought a Vortex scope today. Great product+great customer service= everyone wins.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Kind of makes you wonder why folks still do business with places like gander:):. You can save money, headache, and hassle all while keeping you money right here on INGO.

I deal with a lot of companies, and no one treats my customers as well as Vortex.

What warranty did Gander what you to purchase? Ill tell you what, Ill throw in the warranty for free to get your business:rolleyes:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    Lafayette
    I love doing business with local business's, I happened to find the scope at Gander for $199 and since it retails for $279 I couldn't pass it up. While everything is going up but my pay check, I thought I'd be saving some money. I am also new to INGO and LAF so I don't know very many people, I don't remember what warranty they wanted to sell me either but Vortex has there VIP warranty which covers anything from what I've been told and by anything I mean "ANYTHING". In the future I will not being business with Gander I will look to INGO or local business's. But for anyone looking to purchase a new scope, Vortex makes great products backed by great customer service and an outstanding warranty.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    Lafayette
    For anyone wondering the scope I purchased was the Vortex Crossfire II 6X18X44 w/ BDC reticle mounted on a Mossberg MVP Varmint chambered in .223 with Warne Maxima "med" rings on an EGW one piece "ZERO MOA" base. The flip up caps clear the barrel by about an 1/8" of an inch. I will by using it for varmint, coyotes, crows and other ground critters.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I love doing business with local business's, I happened to find the scope at Gander for $199 and since it retails for $279 I couldn't pass it up. While everything is going up but my pay check, I thought I'd be saving some money. I am also new to INGO and LAF so I don't know very many people, I don't remember what warranty they wanted to sell me either but Vortex has there VIP warranty which covers anything from what I've been told and by anything I mean "ANYTHING". In the future I will not being business with Gander I will look to INGO or local business's. But for anyone looking to purchase a new scope, Vortex makes great products backed by great customer service and an outstanding warranty.

I was mainly curious on the warranty they tried to sell you. I think its funny they try to trick you into buying a warranty, when its literately impossible to beat the free one that comes with the scope.

I've had customers loose things, Vortex replaced it

Probably the best experience my customers have had (that I'm aware of), I had a customer in Utah buy a set of Razor Bino's I sell for 1199. He was glassing on the side of the highway, and set the bino's on top of his car because "nature called". He got back in his car and drove off. After a little while he heard his brand new bino's come off the roof. He picked up the pieces, and called me. I told him "That's covered" and his reply was "Bull____, this is completely my fault" I told him to send them back and if Vortex didn't make it right I would (made me look like a champ)

He called me the next week extactic that his brand new binos had arived.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    Lafayette
    Don't remember but just know it was a more lengthy process to get a new scope if damaged then with Vortex's warranty, they told me about a story just like that when I called them. I wonder if they were talking about the same guy, they said he didn't have all the pieces just the ones he could find. He sent in and they sent him a brand new one in box. Wish we could get more business's back to MADE IN THE USA and more companies with warranties like this but it'll never happen I'm afraid

Top Bottom