• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobertathan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Well if you can find it around you go for the cheapest you can find. But when it comes to online shopping keep in mind the shipping and the cost of the transfer. You are looking at $20-50 for shipping then another $25 for the transfer.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i wish i had sold....i was offered 750$ for the wasr that i paid 440 for a year before...but he was my friend, and i had a conscience, little did i know hed go pay 900$ for one......so if i had sold him mine for 750, i would have made money and he would have saved money...o well, he should have been smart enough to just wait...funny how stuff works out sometimes....i bet everyone that paid 30$ per pmag six months ago are kicking themselves now

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I wouldn't sweat $70 and $70 is not a small amount of money for me.

Unless it is a gun that is *everywhere* and you can shop around several stores in a day or so, I'd pay more for the "bird in the hand."

For example-- local RK had a Gen 4 FDE G19 in stock. They had a price of $599 on it. Yes, that's WAY rich for a G19. But if you *really* want a Gen 4 AND want the FDE, how many choices do you have where you can walk out with it that day? If I'd have had the money, I would have paid that for it gladly and never looked back.

Worst of all, that gun sat in the case for a couple months before someone bought it. I'd drool over it every time I went into RK since I live reasonably nearby.

They also had a FDE Gen 4 G34 that was also VERY tempting, and that one got sold while I was standing there waiting to handle it yet again.

Someday I'll have my FDE Gen 4, but that day is apparently still a long way off.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    The Outdoorsman on 1-35 by the Super Target had Shield's last week $450, not sure if it was a 9 or a 40. Those are nice guys in there.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The car of life has a windsheild and a rear view mirror. Have you ever kept track of how much money you have left behind at fast food joints, beer, smokes, movies, etc? Do you eadt at Outback Steakhouse and then get upset when you find a coupon in next Sundays paper that would have saved you 50%? Just keep looking forward.

Time keeps changing, and the government keeps devaluing your money. I sold a collection of guns that I had over 25 years. Some of them I had paid WAY to much for at the time I purchased them. I sold them all for 2 or 3 times what I paid for them. At the same time, Merrill Lynch lost 30% of my principle, and they are "experts".

Since it is a good self defense tool, what if you had actually needed to use it? If you were able to save your, or a loved ones life with it, you would have looked at it a worth 100 Times as much as you paid for it.

Top Bottom