• tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I bet they are nasty. But hey, you'll live

Cope's Distributing

the wise foods are very tasty and I'm not just saying that because I'm a dealer for them. they take up less space than mre's and last longer in storage. I did the math on this awhile ago but a case of mre's is roughly $60 and that's 12 meals. average family is 3-4 people so 4 people and 1 case of mre's is 1 day rations. so $60x30days is $1800. $250 wise food pack for family of 4 for 30 days is $250. economically it just makes way more sense. although if the deciding factor is taste then I would go with backpackers pantry. their line of food is incredibly diverse and tasty.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    the reason Im NOT a WISE dealer is because the nutritional value of their meals do not compare to other brands. But yes they are very tasty as long as you have enough time to wait for them to soften up.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    MRE's, individual freeze dried entrees, #10 cans of bulk food and a large garden all play into a well prepared home. +1 for Cope's BTW. Ordered from them many times and always great results. And no, not brownnosing the poster above.

Geri @ Cope's

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Ohio
    I don't usually do a sales pitch when another dealer has commented but...

I can tell you what I like about this product. Like tyler 34 said - the food is pretty tasty. (We tried several different ones when we were researching this) As stated before, I like the fact that their special packaging gives them a longer shelf life...without rotation all the time. And the container is stackable and resealable. Therefore, Takes up less space now and can be used for numerous things once emptied. Last but not least, I feel the price is right for Emergency Food Supply anytime and/or for when SHTF. ;)

(ok? :dunno: :laugh:

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    You just sold me two. I just got off the phone with Misty. She rocks!

I can tell you what I like about this product. Like tyler 34 said - the food is pretty tasty. (We tried several different ones when we were researching this) As stated before, I like the fact that their special packaging gives them a longer shelf life...without rotation all the time. And the container is stackable and resealable. Therefore, Takes up less space now and can be used for numerous things once emptied. Last but not least, I feel the price is right for Emergency Food Supply anytime and/or for when SHTF. ;)

(ok? :dunno: :laugh:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I bet they are nasty. But hey, you'll live

Cope's Distributing

Are these like MREs? Where you just need to open the package to eat? or do you have to add water to them? :dunno:

Thanks!

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS
    Every Wed: Lunch, Cigars, and Guns @ Pine Island Pit Stop Cigar Lounge
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo_events/108606-
    every_wednesday_lunch_cigars_guns_pine_island_pit_stop_cigar_lounge_part_2_a.html

Appleseed for NWI
    2 Day Courses
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch: Calendar
    11-12 DEC 2010 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    19-20 MAR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    02-03 APR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN

Keep this post for uncoming info & updates
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/107083-new_ranges_coming_to_eventbright.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

OTHER INFO
    A Guide to Protecting Your Rights: What to do when LEO stop you and your are carrying.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/81201-
    an_oc_guide_to_protecting_your_rights_what_to_do_when_leo_stops_you.html#post

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Are these like MREs? Where you just need to open the package to eat? or do you have to add water to them? :dunno:

Thanks!

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS
    Every Wed: Lunch, Cigars, and Guns @ Pine Island Pit Stop Cigar Lounge
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo_events/108606-
    every_wednesday_lunch_cigars_guns_pine_island_pit_stop_cigar_lounge_part_2_a.html

Appleseed for NWI
    2 Day Courses
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch: Calendar
    11-12 DEC 2010 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    19-20 MAR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    02-03 APR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN

Keep this post for uncoming info & updates
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/107083-new_ranges_coming_to_eventbright.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

OTHER INFO
    A Guide to Protecting Your Rights: What to do when LEO stop you and your are carrying.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/81201-
    an_oc_guide_to_protecting_your_rights_what_to_do_when_leo_stops_you.html#post

you add boiling water and wait

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Somebody help me out here. (I've been awake a long time ) I followed the link , looked at the pricing. Are they really selling the 60 entree for $99, and the 120 for $220 ? I can buy two 60"s for $198, as opposed to an 120 for $220 ? :dunno:

Geri @ Cope's

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Ohio
    Somebody help me out here. (I've been awake a long time ) I followed the link , looked at the pricing. Are they really selling the 60 entree for $99, and the 120 for $220 ? I can buy two 60"s for $198, as opposed to an 120 for $220 ? :dunno:

The container for $220 has more of a variety.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    they are dehydrated.

actualy unlike others, WISE actualy uses dehydration and also freeze drying. they do this because some foods taste better with the different process. when I was in the process on becoming a dealer I had to go through this whole presentation about them.

If you choose wise as your long term SHTF food source, just make sure you add up the calories and other nutricional info so you get what you need per day in a stressfull environment. besides taking forever to soften up when you add the water, wise is also not as high in the nutrients department as some other manufacturers. so when you see the package of 60 entres for $99, dont assume those will be 60 meals, because you will be too weak to work if thats all you ate.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    If you choose wise as your long term SHTF food source, just make sure you add up the calories and other nutricional info so you get what you need per day in a stressfull environment. besides taking forever to soften up when you add the water, wise is also not as high in the nutrients department as some other manufacturers. so when you see the package of 60 entres for $99, dont assume those will be 60 meals, because you will be too weak to work if thats all you ate.

So how long is forever to soften up? & compares to what other brand does it take forever? I'm a n00b when it comes to these items. I've only eating twice the the chili from Mountain House able 10 years back & that tasted OK for me. Don't recall how long it took for the meal to sofen up however.

Also do the packs say what the nutrients value/info is? Does the website?

Top Bottom