• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roisigns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    cincy
    This recall election will have profound impact on America & the World. It will indicate the population's commitment to fiscal responsibility.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    It'll be interesting to watch. It should be a pretty good barometer of the nation's mood.

If things go negative, it'll give us a few months to ramp back up though...

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    This election has me nervous. If Walker loses, it will show that liberalism is winning. My wife has liberal relatives up there who are big time union supporters. I have to bite my lip a lot when I'm up there.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Polls show Walker ahead by 5 to 7 points. Let's hope all of the Conservatives show up to vote.

I work up there a week a month and it's amazing the changes this guy has made in a short period of time. I hope the voters back him up.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This election has me nervous. If Walker loses, it will show that liberalism is winning. My wife has liberal relatives up there who are big time union supporters. I have to bite my lip a lot when I'm up there.

I saw a report this morning, union membership amongst the teachers has dropped by 1/3 since the new laws took effect. That is good news indeed.

roisigns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    cincy
    I heard on the news that Walker has raised $ 30 M and his opponent has raised $ 4 M. This election attracted interest of business, union, and political leaders nationally due to the precedent setting potential of the outcome.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The interesting thing to me (although it's totally predictable) is the Democrat commercials decrying the "outside funding" of Walker's campaign and implying that all the Dem's support has been local. It totally disregards all the national union funding that has been flung into the recall effort and the recall gubernatorial campaign. The hypocrisy of the Democrats is just amazing.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    It should be interesting indeed. Something tells me they won't be there looking out for Scott Walkers best interest.

They will be looking for ways to challenge his polling numbers in an effort bring about his defeat. Call me cynical but that's my gut. :twocents:

Well, based on DOJ's recent activities, I'd say your gut has quite a bit of data to back it up.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    A bunch of us here at the shop in Indiana were thinking about hopping a bus to Wisconsin, voting early and often, and doing some marching and chanting. Then we remembered, we're all Republicans, so we just went back to work.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Polls show Walker ahead by 5 to 7 points. Let's hope all of the Conservatives show up to vote.

I agree, that will be the key right there, Conservatives must show up to vote.

Glenn Beck was saying he had reports coming in of unions standing out in front of some polling places trying to intimate voters already this morning. Don't these people work?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    It should be interesting indeed. Something tells me they won't be there looking out for Scott Walkers best interest.

They will be looking for ways to challenge his polling numbers in an effort bring about his defeat. Call me cynical but that's my gut. :twocents:

Sure they arent looking for ways to smuggle guns to the gangs of Canada?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Can someone give me a Reader's Digest version of the whole story?

-J-

Not the whole story, and an opinion piece but...
    George Will: Wisconsin's recall election is childish - chicagotribune.com

Union membership has dropped significantly since Walker's legislation passed and the leadership is grasping at straws to save their arse's and their cushy 6 figure jobs.
    Blog: Dramatic drop in union membership among WI public employees

I heard an interesting piece on NPR last night. The gist of it was that Obama NEEDS Wisconsin to win re-election and that the administration begged the unions not to push for the recall as a loss would adversely effect Obama's ability to win Wisconsin in November.

Top Bottom