7a88132e.jpg

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    You guys are all hard core.

Not me man, I just installed phone and network wire for a living for a while. My own line from the Network Interface at the end of my driveway for the longest time was 1000' of military comm wire strung along the driveway I'd have to replace every year or two as rodents would gnaw it. Now I have direct burial wire that is already spliced several times from cutting it with the backhoe.

I once built a phone network in the jungle in Puerto Rico for an Eco-Challenge race where radios wouldn't work. 13 miles of comm wire with 11 phones and a switchboard.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    If you have the thing with the screws in it, just strip your new wires and screw them to the terminals, matching colors. They'll last longer than it will matter to you. Myself, I have a home run system, where I took the terminals from the TNI (terminal network interface) to a punchdown block (can't remember whether it was 66 or 110) and the jacks in the house all run from the central location, through a patch panel that lets me switch between two lines for each jack, put some behind the caller ID or whatnot, that kind of thing. That's also where all the CAT-5, CATV, CCTV etc. come and go. Big rack mounted to the wall, lots of equipment.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    How do you like it? I damn near bought one, but cheap'ed out at the time.

I assume I can thread-jack my own thread? :D

Works fine for me but haven't had to use the backup yet. The range on it is at least as good as my old router. I'm not nerdy enough to figure out how to boost it.

Top Bottom