• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Actually, the one thing I forgot on my run yesterday is kind of important in this weather - kleenex. Guess I'll have to breka out the TP for the runny noses.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    On any normal day we have enough canned foods, water bottles/jugs, and snacks to last four people at least three weeks. No reason for me to go to the store this evening along with everyone else and their brother.

rhinoabe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Jennings Co.
    Well I am off to the store in a few for the weekly shopping, I hope I can find a gallon of milk. My wife has to have milk and a bagel every morning. The main thing I need is dog food. Monday morning I have to drive 15 miles further from home after work for a Dr. appointment at 8:30am.I hope we don't get the 5 in. I have 5 inches of packed snow and some nice drifts in low areas now. The county still has not plowed the road I live on.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Well I am off to the store in a few for the weekly shopping, I hope I can find a gallon of milk. My wife has to have milk and a bagel every morning. The main thing I need is dog food. Monday morning I have to drive 15 miles further from home after work for a Dr. appointment at 8:30am.I hope we don't get the 5 in. I have 5 inches of packed snow and some nice drifts in low areas now. The county still has not plowed the road I live on.

I'd be more worried about the normal Jennings Country driver than the unplowed roads. They must put something in the water down there.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Just got back from Meijer, the place wasn't even busy! The kroger here in town that we drove by to get to Meijer, was packed, but I never go there around the first of the month anyway, what with the welfare zombies and all. Anyway, we usually hit the grocery every weekend, mainly to hit the sales and use coupons, so today was no different. I did stock up on beer, and jug of rum, but did not buy bread or milk. I'm drinking a Molson right now to celebrate the Canadian type weather were gonna have.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I went and rotated one of my gas cans. Put the gas from the can (leftovers from summer) into my truck's tank and refilled can with fresh gasoline.

Made sure the chickens have plenty of food and water to get through the next few days since I'm not going to want to go out there.

That's all I plan to do.

Well, I might run an extension cord out to the block heater on my truck. Not even sure if it works, haven't plugged it in in years.

Curls & Swirls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgan County
    We go through a lot of milk here all the time but what better (maybe I should just say easier) thing to have on hand for the kids to eat if the elec. goes off than cold cereal. Right now I am just enjoying the fact that I have been preparing for just these kind of events. I do not like fighting the crowds of sometimes rude and frustrated people and I really hate having to get out when it is cold.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Stopped in the local CVS. Low and behold they had Stella twelve packs on sale for $11.99. Score, picked up two for games this weekend. Minestrone soup tonight, chicken and vegetables in the baking bag tomorrow. If the weather gets as bad as they are saying, on top of what we have already, maybe a snow day Monday.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Just drove back from Ft Myers, Florida. Folks down South are busy trying to figure out how to stay warm. Didn't see signs of snow until Kentucky. If the daughter and I did not have to work on Monday, we would have stayed down there.

Got home this afternoon and the wife immediately ran out to the store to stock up. She said that the Meijer in Kokomo was sold out of hamburger.

Top Bottom