almost dinner time...
    christmasturkey1.jpg

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Well, considering I live alone and am not hanging up lights or doing too much in regards to Christmas... I have the next 5 days off of work so I'll be sitting here and catching up on some projects I am working on:

jpWhdGN.jpg

Apologies for the wiring mess...

EDIT: Blurred out surviellance camera feed simply because I live in a real small town and it'd not be hard for a lurker who happens to be near me to determine what house is mine based on that. Can't be too careful! :P

Last edited:

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Well, considering I live alone and am not hanging up lights or doing too much in regards to Christmas... I have the next 5 days off of work so I'll be sitting here and catching up on some projects I am working on:

jpWhdGN.jpg

Apologies for the wiring mess...

EDIT: Blurred out surviellance camera feed simply because I live in a real small town and it'd not be hard for a lurker who happens to be near me to determine what house is mine based on that. Can't be too careful! :P

Don't suppose that the American flag hanging in the window might be a clue? :dunno:

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Don't suppose that the American flag hanging in the window might be a clue? :dunno:

There is at least one other house on the block with one in it and I am sure there are others around town too. :)

But then again, your location is: Around the corner and up your street... So maybe you already know! :P

Just can't be too safe. Lot of great members here but also probably a lot of *******s and sketchy people who lurk.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Thanks everyone for the pics!
    We'll draw and announce winners in the morning!
    Have a Merry Christmas everyone.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    OK Folks... change of plan. What better way to spend christmas morning than shooting?! So we printed up targets with the names, and Ian shot them with various airsoft. We decided that a shot had to make it into a letter of someone username. This sort of made it slightly better odds for those with longer usernames (sorry). We shot from about 20'. I varied the names from one target to the next. though it didn't matter. The airsoft aren't very accurate, making it pretty random.
    winter01_zpsfcc60dfb.jpg

First target, using an m16 with no front sight post (not sure where that went). Took about 3 shots to get on paper, then he kept hitting in between names until he finally (and just barely) broke the 'a' in BiscuitNaBasket.

winter02_zps8c0bccf1.jpg

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Next up was the M&P airsoft pistol. 6 more shots until he finally landed a name. Churchmouse was the winner here, and I find it fitting that he won by use of a polymer handgun!!!
    winter03_zps6b0d6174.jpg

His 2nd shot was oh so close to Mbills, I was pretty excited because I knew he wanted to win badly. But it just wasn't close enough :(

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Just when I thought this was going to take a few hours, he managed to score a hit in just two shots using the Sig 1911 airsoft.
    First shot came pretty close to LoneHoosier. 2nd shot landed him, making LoneHoosier the Winner of this round.
    winter04_zps23accd5a.jpg

Thanks everyone for participating.
    Winners should PM me with:
    1) Mailing Address
    2) Name you wish to have printed on the stickers
    3) Name you wish to have printed in the WHITE area on the Range tags

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Congrats guys!!

I think I would have requester an overlay from the RO on Biscuit's though, that looks pretty close. :laugh:

PMR never had a chance!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Congrats guys!!

I think I would have requester an overlay from the RO on Biscuit's though, that looks pretty close. :laugh:

PMR never had a chance!

I had to look at both his and churchmouses under my magnifier. Biscuits just barely broke the bottom of the a, and a hairline went into the N.

I will need to make more elaborate targets next time around, where everyone is evenly spaced with background color or something. Anything inside the spaces will hit. A target like that will take longer to create, but certainly would be more fair. My apologies for not thinking of this until we had already started shooting.

Top Bottom