• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I can say with absolute certainty that we will have a cold, extremely snowy winter.

This is based on the fact that I am selling my house with the standard subdivision-sized, 2 car-length driveway and buying a house with this driveway:

attachment.php

​Don't say I didn't warn you.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I can say with absolute certainty that we will have a cold, extremely snowy winter.

This is based on the fact that I am selling my house with the standard subdivision-sized, 2 car-length driveway and buying a house with this driveway:

attachment.php

​Don't say I didn't warn you.

?

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Bring it on, the summer is too hot and its been too humid lately. I love the cold and snow.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Haven't seen any woolly worms or hornets nests to judge, and haven't heard anything from dad about what the persimmon seeds look like this year yet.

But I did read that the Farmer's Almanac AND the Old Farmer's Almanac both predict another bitterly cold winter like this past one. One says average snowfall, the other says higher than average.

*shrugs*

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What? You don't have to clear a driveway?

Not imaginary/invisible ones.

This. Your photo isn't showing up. Sometimes attachments (rather than links to a photobucket account) will do that.

I've learned that in southern indiana, the decision to clear my 500' driveway has a different set of parameters from when we lived in Bloomington and had one of those two car length driveways. :):

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Everything I've been hearing is that this winter is going to be as nasty if not worse than last year. I really hope it doesn't turn out that way, but this summer has been very similar to last summer and there's something to be said for consistent patterns. :(

Before winter hits, I'll be buying a 4x4, chains for the garden tractor, and making sure the truck is well stocked in stuff to stay warm and get people out of ditches.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Last year sucked. Three times we couldn't even open any one of the three exit doors to get out of the house. Had to have friends come and dig the doors out. My health is getting worse and getting on the tractor in the cold to use the loader is getting harder every year. So I just bought a GMC Sierra 4x4 and am hoping to get a plow on it before winter. Then I can at least be in a warm truck while I plow.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Weird...cause it's uploaded to INGO and it's showing up for me.

anyhoo, now?

View attachment 31410

attachment.php

...and now I'm curious as to why a photo I uploaded to an album on INGO and hotlinked will show up for me, but no one else.....oh well. Put another way, my luck is such that by having a driveway about 100 yards long, I have guaranteed a snowy winter in Valparaiso.

[edit] Wait, I think I figured it out. I hate when a second rate attempt at minimal humor gets complicated and requires more effort that the original comment was worth.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom