• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Ain't gonna happen. Obamney will in no way embrace any of those points. He's going to go the complete opposite on them, as we've already heard from him. I don't see him and his little buddy doing anything to garner the libertarian vote.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Libertarians will only vote for our lord and savior, Ron Paul.

Everyone else is a statist fascist nazi, no different from Obama and Hitlers' evil love child. (it was a test tube thing, don't ask)

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Libertarians will only vote for our lord and savior, Ron Paul.

Everyone else is a statist fascist nazi, no different from Obama and Hitlers' evil love child. (it was a test tube thing, don't ask)
    Not true in the least. Most libertarians are going to vote for the libertarian candidate. Many more will write in Ron Paul and others will just refuse to play the game at all.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think some libertarians will vote for Romney and some will vote for Obama (probably fewer than did so last time). Most Republicans wouldn't be able to stomach the changes that they would have to make to go all out for Libertarians, nor would the Democrats.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    And therein lies the rub - Republicans want to legislate their own morality instead of accepting the fact that others may choose to live their lives under a different set of values, and Democrats think regulating everything makes it better.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I have no faith that any of those things would occur under either Obama or Romney.

Yep.

This bull**** is getting so prevalent that I'm thinking about voting for Obama just to spite the people who think that libertarians can be wooed by the same republicans that created this mess.

Okay so I'm not voting for Obama, but I might stay home. Screw this election.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    And therein lies the rub - Republicans want to legislate their own morality instead of accepting the fact that others may choose to live their lives under a different set of values, and Democrats think regulating everything makes it better.

We all want to legislate our own morality. I think life is an important morality to stand for.

Republicans want to sharply curtail reproductive freedom

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    No, we don't. You might, but there are a lot of us who don't wish to do that. Let me fix it for you.

Yes, you do. You just don't see your worldview as a morality. But it is.

The term “morality” can be used either

1. descriptively to refer to some codes of conduct put forward by a society or,
    a. some other group, such as a religion, or​
    b. accepted by an individual for her own behavior or​

2.normatively to refer to a code of conduct that, given specified conditions, would be put forward by all rational persons.

If that doesn't describe the libertarians, I don't know what does.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yes, you do. You just don't see your worldview as a morality. But it is.

If that doesn't describe the libertarians, I don't know what does.

I don't know why it's so hard to see. I guess when you're blinded by your ideology, you can't see the legitimacy of alternative opinions, lifestyles, and beliefs.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    GFGT, my Great Grandmother's adoptive mother aborted at least 14 pregnancies all before 1910. Abortion was illegal then and it didn't stop anyone. Laws don't prevent, they just provide a way to prosecute.

Prohibitions have never worked, never. They often have the opposite effect.

Pull you head out of your 4th point of contact. Very few Libertarians are actually pro-abortion, they just aren't for letting fedzilla stick his nose in another tent.

Top Bottom