• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    You are both wrong. All goods are the same.

If you've seen the build practices in the Windham factory video, and you are still ready to buy in, all goods probably are the same.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    You are both wrong. All goods are the same.

If you've seen the build practices in the Windham factory video, and you are still ready to buy in, all goods probably are the same.

:dunno:

Looks like good people building good rifles to me...

And another great video from INGOer MAC too. :yesway:

matthewquigley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    I own a Windham...love it. 175 yard shots on 20oz pop bottles with just iron sights! They are made by the original Bushmaster people after the noncompete clause expired. The original owner reopened his shop and hired all his old workers back! If nothing else, it's a cool story about how he put people back to work. Cheaper than Dirt had a story that said the Windham was the best AR for the money. Dunno if that helps...

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I prefer Spikes Tactical and Bravo Company, but I guess you can't buy those at Cabelas.

I wouldn't buy any firearm at Cabelas.

I bought the Windham HBC (Heavy Barrel Carbine) from Shooter521. Nice rifle. Shoots well. Cheaper than the M&P. Fit & finish way better than today's Bushy.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    If it's all OK with you, it's all OK with you.

Please explain. I would like to know what you think they are doing wrong. Ill admit Im not the deepest waters when it comes to ARs and what goes into building them. But I dont see anything in the video that puts me off my Windham.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Please explain. I would like to know what you think they are doing wrong. Ill admit Im not the deepest waters when it comes to ARs and what goes into building them. But I dont see anything in the video that puts me off my Windham.

Seeing a torque wrench employed on any of the fasteners associated with a torque spec would be a good start.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    For whatever it's worth, my FIL bought a S&W the same time I bought my Windham. Comparing the two side by side, I would say the fit and finish of my Windham is a tad better than the S&W. Running them both at the range, they both performed flawlessly.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Do your research on who is making the Windham. From all that I have discovered, the Windham is the Bushmaster before its quality went south and its price went up. Get the Windham before the price goes up and the quality goes down.

Top Bottom