• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firstrock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hello

I recently aquired what is either an Enfield P14 or U.S. M17 bolt action. This is NOT a complete gun as it is missing the bbl. The stock, receiver and bolt are in good condition BUt a hole has been drilled in the breach so the rifle is unusable. I also have a second stock for this rifle.

I have done some research on this reifle and I tend to lean towards it being an Enfield P14 due to the proof marks that are present. Also, there are several DP tool marks on both the bolt/receiver and the stock. As I understand it, the DP stands for Drill/Parade and as such the rifle can never again be made to fire.

My question is what to do with this Enfield?? Part it out? Try to find someone to buy both the receiver/stock as well as the extra stock?

Pics to follow shortly.

John

firstrock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here are some pics.

102_4248.jpg

102_4249.jpg

102_4250.jpg

102_4251.jpg

102_4252.jpg

102_4253.jpg

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    Somebody at the Eddystone Munitions Plant & Rifle works took a drill to these three, and every other one they built.

IMG_0751.jpg

That hole is there for gas release in the event of a cartridge case failure.

Might I suggest you Google "P-14 M1917 history" and do a little reading about what you've got. In looking at the images you'll find - every one of those actions has that hole.

Top Bottom