• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nox

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    TX->IL->IN->MO->IN
    Picked up a Winchester 1200 recently to use as my HD gun. I realize parts are not as plentiful for this gun as they are for the 870/500s but the price was right and the action is smooth as silk.

I see Choate still make mag extensions, but I can't seem to find anybody that still makes side saddles. Also, what's the best way to attach a light to a gun without rails?

I don't want to make it tacticool, one of the reasons I bought it was the 'blast from the past' vibe of it, but I do want to make it functional.

Any other must-dos for a HD gun? I will probably pick up a Truglo brite site soon. It's a plain barrel gun, so anything rib mounted is out.

Edit: Is TacticalShotgunner still around?

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    My favorite way to mount lights to shotguns in the Mesa tactical barrel clamp. It mounts very secure and has a picitinny rail on one side that you can mount a weapon light like a TLR-1 or a regular tactical light.

95.jpg

As for side saddles, if you don't want to make the rifle look tacticool I suggest you go with the Galco butt cuff. I have one for my shotgun and love it. It is lightweight and it also mounts very secure and holds 5 additional rounds.

DSCF5033.jpg

Both of these options can be quickly and easily removed if you want to, unlike other rails and mounting options.

nox

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    TX->IL->IN->MO->IN
    Am I missing part of your post? and what?

Thanks for the mounting suggestion. I really like the looks of that shell holder too, I'm using one of the elastic sleeves right now.

nox

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    TX->IL->IN->MO->IN
    Got a mag extension, fiber optic sight, barrel clamp and polytac light on the way.

I've got a $20 cabelas card so I'll pick up a light mount once I see how everything fits. Any recommendations on brands?

Top Bottom