• ...and so much more!
  • dmpxd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Winchester Supreme Elite PDX1 Bonded?

All,

I have a quick question, how good is the Winchester Bonded supreme Elite (PDX1) 40S&W 165 GR. JHP

And can I shoot +P 9mm rounds through a Beretta PX4 9mm Storm?

Thanks in advance?

Just bough boxes of both for 19/box and 18/box respectively.

Last edited:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I sandbarreled the 180gr stuff for .40. It passed through the denim and expanded in the waterlogged sand very well. Looks like the Ranger ammo from Winchester, pretty same performance (even has the nasty talons when expanded). I want to say just rebranded Ranger, BUT!

I did notice the lead core was a bit softer than a previous actual bonded Ranger I sand barreled (in .40, but 165gr) and the expansion was not as wide as the Elite (though fired from the same gun, BUT, they are two different weights, so I would not put alot of stock into that test). CONJECTURE TIME! : I think Winchester made the Elite stuff softer in lead core, but still bonded in construction. We would rarely go up against "barriers" other than doors or drywall, where the police go against auto glass and metal almost daily. Did Winchester make the Elite softer or maybe just Vern going nuts? :D I remember that lot of the bonded Ranger stuff had a meh attitude with cops because it would not expand very well, especially in denim environments. I wonder if the NEW Ranger bonded ammo is as soft in lead core as the Elite?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It's excellent ammo. I've shot the 147 grain 9mm and .45 ACP, and have been very pleased with the accuracy. The .40 is good enough to have been chosen as the new load for the FBI, and tests on the other calibers have been very impressive. It's my personal favorite.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom