• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TODD1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    CGROVE SSIDE
    i bought a very nice Winchester model 67 sr/lr today from an ederly man that says it was his originally. I'm gonna take it apart and clean it because he said it has not been fired for at least 50 yrs. I would like to make sure it is sighted in. Is the rear appature just like my AR. maybe a little help on sighting it in could help.

Thanks in advance,
    Todd1

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    yours has an aperture sight on it? Very nice! I've got one myself that was my grandpa's, and a buddy of mine has one as well that was his grandpa's. They are a great shooting old 22. Its what I learned on and wouldn't trade it for anything. Good buy!!

hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    winchester 67

I HAVE ONE MY DAD GAVE ME 15 YEARS AGO.LOVE IT!GREAT SHOOTERS.HERE IS A PIC OF MINE.
    winchester22003.jpg

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    I have a Mod. 68 that has the same rear sight. I have shot several 67/68's with this sight on them and they tend to vary a little in adjustment. My suggestion is to start at a predetermined range and bottom the sight out and see where it hits. I started at 25m and turned the sight down til it took pressure off the rear sight. I then turn it to the 1 and luckily it was right on in elevation, windage I had to work in a little but I was happy.

If you completely disassemble it be careful when driving out the retaining pin. It passes through the stock and you can crack the stock if care is not excercised. Mine is already cracked so I have not bothered with it. On some of them the bolt can be a trick as well, mine I had to cock it and set the safety before I could get the trigger to move far enough to remove the bolt.

Also another hint is to not operate the action to fast or rough, nice short, soft pull. If you pull the bolt too hard this can also lead to the stock cracking.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    Mine I had to work the bolt one time, pull the trigger all the way back and hold it, then open the bolt and pull all the way back....I've had my 67 for a few years and just figured that out last week....lol

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I've had my 67 for a long time as well, inherited it from my grandpa that passed away in 91. Till Saturday I had never been able to get the bolt out. Tried a few different ways as well. After Yamaha showed me the trick to his, I managed to get mine out. So a better cleaning was in order woot!

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    I've had my 67 for a long time as well, inherited it from my grandpa that passed away in 91. Till Saturday I had never been able to get the bolt out. Tried a few different ways as well. After Yamaha showed me the trick to his, I managed to get mine out. So a better cleaning was in order woot!

Has an odd way about it doesn't it!;)

Top Bottom