• ...and so much more!
  • dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    My knee-jerk guess is that total lottery payout is really small compared to total pension payout. If they aren't paying this, is it a political game or is Illinois getting closer to facing its realities?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sweepstakes are regulated by law. Any sweepstakes that collects money, had the drawing and does not hand over the prize, is in serious legal trouble. People go to jail, and assets are seized when that happens.

A certain City Police department had raffle tickets for a brand new Harley, I think it was 1999. The tickets were all marked the bike would be awarded as soon as all the tickets were sold. Nearly all the tickets sold right away. Almost a year goes by and the Bike is being ridden but has never been awarded to a ticket holder. The Officer in charge of the raffle said "all the tickets are not sold". The Project team at the Chrysler plant said they have raised enough money to buy all the tickets that are left at full face value. The Police officer refused to sell them. As I look at my tickets on my sunvisor every day, do I have a right to feel betrayed?

Or, in Illinois they elect them to a high ranking public office. ;)

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    The state of Illinois is keeping my father from renewing his drivers license for a DUI in 1974. The state wants $50 for an 11 page application, and a $500 reinstatement fee. Seems like a scam to me.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My knee-jerk guess is that total lottery payout is really small compared to total pension payout. If they aren't paying this, is it a political game or is Illinois getting closer to facing its realities?

On a federal level, ask yourself what is more important, a 3 day government shutdown of "non-essential" services, or getting a budget that the country can afford?

Yet, listen to all the whining when a shutdown is even mentioned.

This is just one more example of the free(r) spenders trying to make the ones trying to save a buck look like meanies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    On a federal level, ask yourself what is more important, a 3 day government shutdown of "non-essential" services, or getting a budget that the country can afford?

Yet, listen to all the whining when a shutdown is even mentioned.

This is just one more example of the free(r) spenders trying to make the ones trying to save a buck look like meanies.

And despite the whining, we get both a government shutdown, AND a budget that the country can't afford.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That's because the free spenders seem to win the media battle...and the less free spenders can't stand the heat.

This is why conservatives need to quit voting for cowards, especially establishment cowards. This is also the foundation upon which Trump is getting traction. Regardless of whether or not he actually delivers, he may deliver, where Jeb, the otherwise presumptive nominee, almost certainly will not.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is why conservatives need to quit voting for cowards, especially establishment cowards. This is also the foundation upon which Trump is getting traction. Regardless of whether or not he actually delivers, he may deliver, where Jeb, the otherwise presumptive nominee, almost certainly will not.

Jeb is a machine member. Business as usual.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    What's really remarkable is that the state lottery is guaranteed to be an income producer by the way it is designed. So, they have a positive cash-flow system that can't even pay the people it owes. :facepalm:

Top Bottom