• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I added where the money comes from in my post above, it comes from all of our tax dollars collected by the feds when we purchase shooting supplies. They reallocate it back to the state based on the amount of hunters per state. The Illinois hunters did not pay for our range. We paid for it with tax dollars. We need it run by Hoosiers for Hoosiers. This is a big deal to me, I want my fee of $7 to stay in my state, not go to Illinois.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well. I won't be going there.

We need to form a trust and build our own range.

NWI INGO Go Fund Me.

Hough, Insight?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    A private gun range with membership would be one way to get around all this BS. That takes money. Lots of money.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If they are DNR ranges they will eventually be converted.

My understanding is 10 acres of private land is all that is required for for shooting legally.

I believe we could form a trust and that with our own money we could do it.

We would only need to decide it was necessary.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If they are DNR ranges they will eventually be converted.

My understanding is 10 acres of private land is all that is required for for shooting legally.

I believe we could form a trust and that with our own money we could do it.

We would only need to decide it was necessary.
    That would be nice. I would rather frequent something like this that the membership has more control over then dealing with the WS thing influenced by the influx of Illinois crossover.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    There used to be an excellent range in Carpentersville, IL in an old quarry. It shut down about 25 years ago because to the north of it what used to be farmland turned into subdivisions. Some idiots were putting rounds over the top of the quarry into the subdivision. You had to make an effort to do that! That ended it. Anyway, an old quarry would be nice with built in backstops.

Xrage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2014
    NWI
    I have to say i'm really disappointed with the DNR and Willow Slough. I'm not paying $7 an hour to an Illinois company to go shoot on public state park land, at the very least it should be $7 for the whole day. I can go to my local indoor range for an hour, whenever we go to Willow Slough it's always a 3-4 hour event and there's usually 1-3 people with me.

Get the word out to avoid this range. Go to Jasper-Pulaski, or even Kingsbury, i believe they only charge $4 for the entire day.

Bordertown Guns owns this now, and like any business they have their own profits in mind.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    ??? The state subcontracted out the dnr staff service of the range officers here? Or is this company just collecting the funds on behalf of the state but dnr still staffs it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My understanding is that it was a competitive bid. They bid to pay dnr the most so they get to collect fees and make a profit.

EDIT: Has anyone gone to look at the facility or shoot?

If so give us an AAR please.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I'm really pissed, and hope they fail. A DNR range used to be free. It should be to Indiana residents, maybe charge "out of state" fees. I'll go to Jasper-Pulaski.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Folks, its been posted before, but here it is: the funds were from the federal taxes on guns and ammo. Therefore all Americans have a right to use the range. This was explained to me by a Willow Slough RO before they closed last year.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Folks, its been posted before, but here it is: the funds were from the federal taxes on guns and ammo. Therefore all Americans have the [STRIKE]right[/STRIKE] obligation to (pay $7 an hr if they want) to use the range. This was (not) explained to me by a Willow Slough RO before they closed last year.
    FIFY

Top Bottom