Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    No way would I take it. I've seen first hand some of the short cuts and compromises to rush this stuff out the door. IMHO the risk from the vaccine FAR out weighs the risk from the actual disease.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I wasn’t allowed to say anything until today, but now it’s okay for me to share that I volunteered for the Covid-19 vaccine from Pfizer. The vaccine is the one that was developed in Russia. It’s in 6 different stages and I received my first dose this morning at 6:20 am, and I wanted to let y’all know that it’s safe and I’m ok, with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι я чувю себя немного стрно и я думю, что вытл осные уши. чувству себя немго страо. Comrade.

:lmfao:...:tinfoil:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have been pouring ivermectin on cattle for the last 30 yrs. had my fare share of dousing. Must work cause I’ve never had ringworm or COVID...yet...that I know of.

I have a supply of ivermectin for the miniature horse...a small supply (hah!).

Anyhoo, I just need dosing info for a...horse around 200 lbs.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I saw a study from here in Indy about potential immunity. They found about 1 in 1,000 people were reinfected with the virus after 3 months from initial recovery. No information on whether those people were actually sick from it or just had enough of it test positive. So, at least 3 months of immunity seems pretty likely, and who knows how much longer.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    On Friday, British and French pharmaceutical giants GlaxoSmithKline and Sanofi Pasteur said the release of their vaccine would be pushed to late next year, while one of Australia's four vaccine candidates was axed after trial participants returned false positive test results for HIV.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/10/australia/australia-vaccine-hiv-intl-hnk/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/10/australia/australia-vaccine-hiv-intl-hnk/index.html

I will pass.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I said no, although I certainly would in the future.

There is one huge reason I would not take it - Thalidomide.

As a couple of folks have asked me out here in the real world I have answered, "Thalidomide."

For those who do not know Thalidomide was a simple, easy, "safe," anti-nausea drug given to women back in the 50's and 60's (or about there) for nausea during pregnancy. The birth defects that followed numbered in the thousands and probably tens of thousands.

As much as we often with just cause condemn and disparage government rules and regulations there is sometimes an extremely good reason for such rules! Such is the lesson of thalidomide. There is a damn good reason that drug approval may take years, so that we as the consumer and the medical profession can fully understand the risk / reward balance of choosing or not choosing certain options.

These vaccines that are either approved or on the verge of approval have not been thoroughly vetted. The current mortality rate of Covid19 is about 0.5%. If I contract the disease I am about 75% likely not to know it at all, 20% likely to be sick like with the flu, 4.5% likely to be fouled up severely, and 0.5% to actually die. Given those known probabilities I will wait until further studies have been completed.

IF this were MERS (Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome) that has about a 36% mortality rate THEN I would fight to be near the front of the line. Knowledge is power. Facts give us the ability to make the BEST decisions we can. We may not be right but we can certainly tip the odds in our own favor. We have been given a brain to think with. I believe we should use it.

With the passage of time and further data coming in over the following weeks, monthes, and years I will be more likely to take a Covid19 vaccine, making my decision based upon a better documented history of data that will lead to facts. It doesn't mean I'll be right, but it does mean the odds will be "ever in my favor."

Regards,

Doug

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    On Friday, British and French pharmaceutical giants GlaxoSmithKline and Sanofi Pasteur said the release of their vaccine would be pushed to late next year, while one of Australia's four vaccine candidates was axed after trial participants returned false positive test results for HIV.

I will pass.

I would agree that taking an unapproved vaccine that has been abandoned is not a good idea.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom