Will the price of reloading components decrease in the future?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOVindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2015
    Carmel
    Well I've been noticing that the production of ammo seems to be on the rise for the last couple of years, and I was wondering if reloading was just lagging behind or if it was stagnant. I also notice that high grain .224 bullets don't often go on sale and was wondering what you guys thought the best deal I could get on them might be. I was hoping to pay 20 cents or less for nice match bullets bought in bulk, but they don't seem to be sold in bulk so I don't know if anyone would give any discounts. 20 cents would be almost a 35% discount for bullets, but I was hoping to get a deal if I bought a few thousand. I just don't know if anyone would go that low. Thank you for your time. -Ben

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    The first time primers got hard to get, the brand name primers went from $10.50/1000 to about $13.00. They never went back down. The next time, they went to about $19.00 and never came down again either. Similar with powder and bullets. I would not hold my breath for lowering prices, especially since a lot of the inflation is from the permanent and world wide devaluing of our currency.

what inflation are you referencing?
    what currency devaluation are you talking about?

Prices are up significantly. But I interpret that to be demand driven.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If you guys were to look at reloading components like a stock market of sorts, would you say that prices will decrease in the coming year due to larger supply, or increase due to the large amount of people purchasing firearms?

You have less than a year. It is Nov. '15 now. You have perhaps 10 months.

You should be buying primers, powder, mags and receivers for ARs and AKs.

Every gun show I go to get these things. I don't buy a box car full, but slowly invest via gun nut cost averaging. It is not glamorous but it what the coming potential panics will soak up first (this is not my first rodeo).

back40hunter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Always looking for powder and components I use. The problem is supplies are so low on most everything I am looking for. Buy it when you find it..

Top Bottom